Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Huawei LYO-L21

Operating System

Android 5.1

My Question or Issue

Whenever I add local songs to my phone, they get broken and garbled. All songs work just fine on my desktop app, but as soon as they're downloaded to the phone, they break.

Songs that are not from the local files category (i.e. found entirely through spotify) work just fine, but anything local is completely impossible to listen to. This is really annoying since the main reason I'm actually paying for premium is so I can have my music on my phone, and that's not working.

I have tried all the solutions suggested, clearing cache, redownloading the songs, completely clean re-install of spotify... Nothing works.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After chatting with support, it turns out the problem is probably with my phone.
It can't run newer versions of android than 5.1, so the issue is likely that while spotify has updated, my phone hasn't and the error is caused when trying to sync the new with the old.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

After chatting with support, it turns out the problem is probably with my phone.
It can't run newer versions of android than 5.1, so the issue is likely that while spotify has updated, my phone hasn't and the error is caused when trying to sync the new with the old.

Suggested posts