Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen issue, can't skip songs from lock screen.

Lock screen issue, can't skip songs from lock screen.

So first the widget on the lock screen wouldn't even show up, restarting seemed to fix the issue but now if I try to skip to the next song it wont let me, have to open the app in the phone to skip songs.

Please fix spotify, started happening after most recent update.

This is also affecting my bluetooth in my car, cannot skip songs.

6 Replies

Hi JoeF8577. Welcome to the Spotify Community!

A similar issue has been raised on another thread, and it got resolved. Here's the link for your convenience.

Thanks,

marlonespi

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a SOLUTION.

If you like my post - Please add LIKES to it.

***I'm not by any means working or related with Spotify. I’m just trying to be helpful; that’s it!***

I am having this same issue and it is super annoying!!!  I've uninstalled the app several times.  is there a fix coming soon???

Are there any "other" ways to fix this issue without losing all of my playlists? 

After the last update, the Spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 won't work properly. I have the full version of it for which I am paying a montly fee and this is frustrating. First, I am not able anymore to skip songs from the lock screen, I have to open the app in order to do that. This also affects the bluetooth controls in my car. Can't skip songs using my controls on my wheel. Here comes the worst part: If I am running the spotify app on my phone and I take a phone call, the music will still run in the background making almost impossible to have a decent conversation. After I answer the call I have to go into my phone Spotify app and pause manually the song that I am playing. All this while I am driving. It is not safe! This app was working fine before. Please fix it before I will cancel my subscription.  

I am currently having the same exact problem! Has anyone found a solution yet?

The exact same problem is happening to me. I can't skip songs from the lock screen and also my car's Bluetooth device... 

Suggested posts