Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen widget gone ?

Solved!

Lock screen widget gone ?

I just noticed that the lock screen widget that allowed you to be able to pause, change tracks, display the track name etc and the cover art seems to be no longer available, using android 4.2.2.

Anyone else having this issue? Was it removed with the latest update?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@tomato wrote:

Is there a resolution planned for this issue? I'm having the same issue on 4.2.2.

It can get quite frustrating when driving and not being able to change the song (without having to enter my unlock PIN, mandatory through exchange account)

Do you have JAYS headset control installed at all? This can be known to interfere with the widget. Other than that it can only be Android closing it as Spotify just provide the interface and Android is enabling this on the lockscreen. there is either another competing app trying to put a widget on the lockscreen or Android is closing it (possibly as part of it's display off resource monitoring). Things to check are; you don't have JAYS headset control installed and you have no system resource/task killers or cache cleaners set to run automatically.

If none of these are present a clean install may help.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have seen this on occasion, not all the time. Forcing close of the app, then restarting it has reenabled the lock screen feature for me. (total occurrence >5 times in the last month)

Is there a resolution planned for this issue? I'm having the same issue on 4.2.2.

It can get quite frustrating when driving and not being able to change the song (without having to enter my unlock PIN, mandatory through exchange account)

Marked as solution

@tomato wrote:

Do you have JAYS headset control installed at all? This can be known to interfere with the widget. Other than that it can only be Android closing it as Spotify just provide the interface and Android is enabling this on the lockscreen. there is either another competing app trying to put a widget on the lockscreen or Android is closing it (possibly as part of it's display off resource monitoring). Things to check are; you don't have JAYS headset control installed and you have no system resource/task killers or cache cleaners set to run automatically.

If none of these are present a clean install may help.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Uninstalling JAYS worked for me, thanks 🙂

Does anyone know an alternative for JAYS which does not interfere with Spotify lock screen widget? I miss the option of going back a track with the triple click on the headphones button.

Suggested posts