Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Music app on Android 2.3.6

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I got a Samsung GT-S6500 with Android 2.3.6: I went to Google Play to download Spotify Music app and it says it is no longer compatible with this version of Android. Does anyone know exactly which Spotify release can I i...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. I got a Samsung GT-S6500 with Android 2.3.6: I went to Google Play to download Spotify Music app and it says it is no longer compatible with this version of Android. Doe...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug with "Liked from radio"-lists and download over 2g/3g.

Hi! So I've been using the radio a bit recently and noticed that the android app will download all the songs I add to "liked from radio" regardless of "download over 2g/3g" being turned on. I believe this is one of the reasons the radio is burning MB...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   So I've been using the radio a bit recently and noticed that the android app will download all the songs I add to "liked from radio" regardless of "download over 2g/3g" being turned on...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Widget issues

Hi! On my phone (running Android 4.0.4 ICS) I'm using the 4x1 widget, but now that I bought a tablet (running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) I only have a 3x1 widget, which is really small and I can't even put it right in the middle since my screen is 6 wide....

• Regular
  • Hi!   On my phone (running Android 4.0.4 ICS) I'm using the 4x1 widget, but now that I bought a tablet (running Android 4.4.2 KitKat) I only have a 3x1 widget, which is really small and I ca...
  • Millenotti
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Inter App comm no longer working in Spotify 1.2.0534 - Android 4.2.2 Huawei P6 - LyricsGrabber 1.0.9

Type of user: PremiumQuestion: Since the last update to spotify 1.2.0534 for my Huawei P6 with Android 4.2.2 LyricsGrabber 1.0.9 does not work anymore on the P6 - inter app communication not working?!, push message from Spotify (most of the time) but...

• Casual Listener
  • Type of user: Premium Question: Since the last update to spotify 1.2.0534 for my Huawei P6 with Android 4.2.2 LyricsGrabber 1.0.9 does not work anymore on the P6 - inter app communica...
  • quexet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

WLAN issues

I need a hint (premium user): in my home WLAN I do have a lot of lags and time outs. In my office wlan I don't have any lags or time outs. Are there any recommended WLAN settings I could try on my home WLAN router?

• Casual Listener
  • I need a hint (premium user): in my home WLAN I do have a lot of lags and time outs.   In my office wlan I don't have any lags or time outs.   Are there any recommended WLAN setting...
  • fatpunksdontdie
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing problem to SD card (Android)

I've been trying to sync spotify library to a 32GB SD card in order to be able to listen to music while I'm offline. Problem is it starts syncing but always stops and throws an error. Then my SD card always gets corrupted and I need to format.Ok so I...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to sync spotify library to a 32GB SD card in order to be able to listen to music while I'm offline. Problem is it starts syncing but always stops and throws an error. Then my SD card...
  • Xersize
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.1.2
    Android App
    SD-card
    sdcard
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app keeps loosing music

I keep having to format my SD card because the app looses 20Gb of music where is the fix

• Visitor
  • I keep having to format my SD card because the app looses 20Gb of music where is the fix
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist sync correctly but then they appear in offline mode

Hi guys, I have a premium account and i only use my spotify in 2 devices: my phone (Samsung galaxy note3) and my laptop. I download my plyalist in my computer and i click on offline mode, then i synchronize it with my phone and as soon is it finishes...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   I have a premium account and i only use my spotify in 2 devices: my phone (Samsung galaxy note3) and my laptop. I download my plyalist in my computer and i click on offline mode, ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Doesn't work after update

Hi, after updating to the latest version of spotify, now when I try to access the app crash with a black screen. I've tried reinstalling it several time, formatting the sd in which is installed and even reinstalling the old version (that now says tha...

• Regular
  • Hi, after updating to the latest version of spotify, now when I try to access the app crash with a black screen. I've tried reinstalling it several time, formatting the sd in which is installed and...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

subsciption cancelation

I would like to be refuned today charge of $10.59 because I cancelled my subscription!!! Please and thank you.

• I would like to be refuned today charge of $10.59 because I cancelled my subscription!!! Please and thank you.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Installing while avoiding Google Play

Hi, I recently got an Android phone and would like to install it while avoiding Google Play, as I already have an account tied to a non-Gmail address and I'd like to keeep it that way. It doesn't seem to allow signing in through the GP app store with...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I recently got an Android phone and would like to install it while avoiding Google Play, as I already have an account tied to a non-Gmail address and I'd like to keeep it that way. It doesn't see...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify stops after certain local files / ALL Platforms

I found that on all my devices (laptop, android or ipod) that spotify stops after the playback of certain local files . always on the same files , These Files have all one thing in common . the length info for that track seems sort of mixed up in any...

• Music Fan
  • I found that on all my  devices (laptop, android or ipod)  that spotify stops after the playback of certain local files .   always on  the same files ,   These Files...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App won't remember playlist sorting

Hello, unlike the Linux version the Android app does not remember the sorting of the playlists. Everytime I want to listen to another playlist it's sorted by "Custom" (=chronological). Please make it work like the desktop version, because changing th...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello,   unlike the Linux version the Android app does not remember the sorting of the playlists. Everytime I want to listen to another playlist it's sorted by "Custom" (=chronological). &...
  • schuhumi
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Mobile App - Can see my private messages

Is there anyway i can see my personal messages on my android spotify app?

• Visitor
  • Is there anyway i can see my personal messages on my android spotify app?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium does not work on my mobile

Hej, Spotify Premium does not work on my phone when offline. It stops working out of nowhere as well - I have reported this numerous times but nothing has improved. Could you help me? Vyshnia

• Casual Listener
  • Hej,   Spotify Premium does not work on my phone when offline. It stops working out of nowhere as well - I have reported this numerous times but nothing has improved. Could you help me? &n...
  • dtorrese011
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Premium Account Does Not Work

I am very frustrated this morning. I tried several times to upgrade to premium in July 2014, and did not appear to be successful -- my account still says, "FREE." However, I did give my credit card information. I was told that no transaction went thr...

• Visitor
  • I am very frustrated this morning.  I tried several times to upgrade to premium in July 2014, and did not appear to be successful -- my account still says, "FREE."     However, I d...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Como eliminó mi cuenta

Quiero eliminar mi cuenta, como debo de hacer? Si en la pagina no sale esa opcion

• Quiero eliminar mi cuenta, como debo de hacer? Si en la pagina no sale esa opcion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

saving playlist to sd card instead of galaxys4

HELP!! I have a brand new 16GB SD card in my galazy S4 and spotify doesnt let me move to that card...its saving all my playlist to my phone which is now out of memory. How can I move all my playlists over??

• HELP!! I have a brand new 16GB SD card in my galazy S4 and spotify doesnt let me move to that card...its saving all my playlist to my phone which is now out of memory. How can I move all my playlists...
  • patallen9
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S1 Plus (9001) app won't work after lastest update

Had to uninstall the app as it keeps crashing the phone, can get past the log in screen but then it just crashes

• Gig Goer
  • Had to uninstall the app as it keeps crashing the phone, can get past the log in screen but then it just crashes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How to reload a playlist on my android phone?

Hi, I have downloaded one of my playlist (created on my desktop) on my android phone, but the wifi connection was not very good at the time, resulting in a very poor quality / lot of noise. I would like to reload the playlist on my phone, but I canno...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have downloaded one of my playlist (created on my desktop) on my android phone, but the wifi connection was not very good at the time, resulting in a very poor quality / lot of ...
  • Sth1958
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes