Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist won't update to cell

So, I just deleted every track on my starred playlist. I then proceded to add some 500 songs to the same playlist (some new, some old). The starred playlist on my cell won't update to match the new playlist on my computer - it shows the same songs as...

• Visitor
  • So, I just deleted every track on my starred playlist. I then proceded to add some 500 songs to the same playlist (some new, some old). The starred playlist on my cell won't update to match the new p...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log into Spotify via facebook - No keyboard appearing

I've been trying to log into Spotify on my xperia SP through facebook but I'm unable to because when I try to enter my email and password, no keyboard is appearing. I've tried reinstalling the app and using a different keyboard (even though it's work...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been trying to log into Spotify on my xperia SP through facebook but I'm unable to because when I try to enter my email and password, no keyboard is appearing. I've tried reinstalling the app an...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Kindle Fire Skipping Tracks

To whom it may concern, I use spotify frequently on my kindle (and it's freaking awesome), but there's just one nuisance. When I shuffle play spotify works perfectly fine, but when I tap on a specific song, it skips to the next song after that (next ...

• Gig Goer
  • To whom it may concern, I use spotify frequently on my kindle (and it's freaking awesome), but there's just one nuisance. When I shuffle play spotify works perfectly fine, but when I tap on a speci...
  • ProMusicophile
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

search bar - oops, something went wrong! try again...

He guys!, I am using the android app on my HTC One M8. I can't search for any music, it just says something went wrong and to try again. Clicking try again does nothing. All my saved music seems to be working fine. Anyone got any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • He guys!, I am using the android app on my HTC One M8. I can't search for any music, it just says something went wrong and to try again. Clicking try again does nothing. All my saved music seems to b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Equaliser apps not working

For some reason, neither android music fx or equalizer app are working.Using a Samsung s4. Tried adapt sound setting with music unchecked, reinstalling equalizer, to no avail.When you set it to android equaliser, you can play with the equaliser slide...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason, neither android music fx or equalizer app are working. Using a Samsung s4. Tried adapt sound setting with music unchecked, reinstalling equalizer, to no avail. When you set it to a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Own music not able to play with Spotify Connect

Hi, Today (as any regular day) i was using spotify with the connect feature to stream music to my Gramofon. I have several albums on my computer which i couldn't find on Spotify so i created a playlist and synced the music to my HTC One. After the sy...

• Hi, Today (as any regular day) i was using spotify with the connect feature to stream music to my Gramofon. I have several albums on my computer which i couldn't find on Spotify so i created a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files and the 3,333 offline sync limit

Could someone please clarify for me the handling of local files towards the limit of 3,333 offline tracks. It looks as if a local track is available in the Spotify catalog, it will be counted in the quota. See attachment - the first entry links to a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Could someone please clarify for me the handling of local files towards the limit of 3,333 offline tracks.   It looks as if a local track is available in the Spotify catalog, it will be coun...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify without facebook

I'm deleting facebook and still wish to keep my spotify and music, is there anything I could do? I don't want a Facebook anymore.

• I'm deleting facebook and still wish to keep my spotify and music, is there anything I could do? I don't want a Facebook anymore.
  • DragonsNJ2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

audio problems with the spotify kindle version

when I stream spotify from my kindle fire hdx to the bluetooth speaker it fades or yiu miss part of the sound thlryed it on a ipad 1 and it works why not on the Kindle?

• Regular
  • when I stream spotify from my kindle fire hdx to the bluetooth speaker it fades or yiu miss part of the sound thlryed it on a ipad 1 and it works why not on the Kindle?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

It just keeps shuffling!

Can anyone explain to me why Spotify seems to continue operating in the background after I "exit" out of the app? If i pause a song and leave the app, and then come back later to resume listening to that song, a new song is playing and is already in ...

• Can anyone explain to me why Spotify seems to continue operating in the background after I "exit" out of the app?   If i pause a song and leave the app, and then come back later to resume li...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my starred playlist wont download

All of my playlists work if I download to be available offline except for my starred playlist. I have tried in downloading all of my playlists except from this one but this doesn't work. Larger playlists download without a problem....

• All of my playlists work if I download to be available offline except for my starred playlist. I have tried in downloading all of my playlists except from this one but this doesn't work. Larger playl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android does not detect PC in Deices

My PC detects my Android but not the reverse.  Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • My PC detects my Android but not the reverse.  Please help.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    devices
    PC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Refusing To Recognize Premium Account

It has been 24 hours since I contacted Spotify about (surprise!) another problem they created. For some unknown reason (and despite Spotify consistently taking my money every month - including this one), my account how is on "shuffle play" (how cute)...

• Gig Goer
  • It has been 24 hours since I contacted Spotify about (surprise!) another problem they created.  For some unknown reason (and despite Spotify consistently taking my money every month - including ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Since this is the only way to log an error, bug, or derp. ( kem ad )

While listening to Eminem radio via mobile version (1.3.0.423) of spotiy on the galaxy note 3, the not so random ad "Kem Promise to love R&B best kept secret" come up but does not play. When i click shuffle play again, it prompts "music will play aft...

• While listening to Eminem radio via mobile version (1.3.0.423) of spotiy on the galaxy note 3, the not so random ad "Kem Promise to love R&B best kept secret" come up but does not play....
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stopping randomly and not re-opening

I've been having the issue that Spotify is stopping when I open it sometimes. It usually happens only after I've opened it and then closed it, but sometimes will happen during the first time I try to open it after I restart my phone, which is the onl...

• Regular
  • I've been having the issue that Spotify is stopping when I open it sometimes. It usually happens only after I've opened it and then closed it, but sometimes will happen during the first time I try to...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

(solved) Tip - Cannot Log in on Android

I can only listen to Spotify offline on my Kindle Fire. I have downloaded music and Spotify would bring us the Brwse. Now..it has now begun requiring a login which I cannot do offline. so no music except my purchased CDs. Any suggestions?? It is usel...

• I can only listen to Spotify offline on my Kindle Fire. I have downloaded music and Spotify would bring us the Brwse. Now..it has now begun requiring a login which I cannot do offline. so no music ex...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

premium not working android

i need help!so i got the premium, but it still says free! why?ive tried everything and its not working

• i need help! so i got the premium, but it still says free! why? ive tried everything and its not working
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

facebook you little demon

My problem is that i had an old free account for spotify and i connected my facebook account to it and now i have a new premium but i cant connect my facebook to it. I also cant remember the password to my old account. Second problem is that i cant p...

• My problem is that i had an old free account for spotify and i connected my facebook account to it and now i have a new premium but i cant connect my facebook to it. I also cant remember the password...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files do not show in my Samsung S5

Hey!I want to know how can i fix my problem, i recently bought a Samsung S5 and when i installed Spotify my local files at my computer do not show in the app, not even the category, only my Favorites and other playlists... please someone?

• Hey! I want to know how can i fix my problem, i recently bought a Samsung S5 and when i installed Spotify my local files at my computer do not show in the app, not even the category, only my Favorit...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connection

I have a problem with connecting my phone (Samsung S3) and my computer (Acer Aspire). Both have running Spotify app and under Devices i see my phone. When I play music and press the connection button it doen't give me any options please help me.

• Regular
  • I have a problem with connecting my phone (Samsung S3) and my computer (Acer Aspire). Both have running Spotify app and under Devices i see my phone. When I play music and press the connection button...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes