Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connection

I have a problem with connecting my phone (Samsung S3) and my computer (Acer Aspire). Both have running Spotify app and under Devices i see my phone. When I play music and press the connection button it doen't give me any options please help me.

• Regular
  • I have a problem with connecting my phone (Samsung S3) and my computer (Acer Aspire). Both have running Spotify app and under Devices i see my phone. When I play music and press the connection button...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! LG G2 w/ KitKat - No playlists appear or load...

Good evening all, I just did a factory reset to my LG G2 (AT&T) and did the OTA updates all the way until KitKat. Now when I log-in to Spotify Premium, none of my playlists appear in the mobile app. Even having the link shared to me doesn't load anyt...

• Visitor
  • Good evening all,   I just did a factory reset to my LG G2 (AT&T) and did the OTA updates all the way until KitKat. Now when I log-in to Spotify Premium, none of my playlists appear in t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

adding/removing albums.

I can't add or remove albums from my music in the android app. save button goes green but doesn't actually save.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't add or remove albums from my music in the android app. save button goes green but doesn't actually save.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The radio option has disappeared

Hello everyone,I'm using the free version of Spotify. Suddenly the radio option has disappeared from the side menu in my app.I'm currently using Samsung Galaxy s3 version 4.3 and the app's version is 1.4.0.631 How can I fix that? I've tried to instal...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, I'm using the free version of Spotify.  Suddenly the radio option has disappeared from the side menu in my app. I'm currently using Samsung Galaxy s3 version 4.3 and the app's...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Umusic add

I keep get the Umusic add while play and it locks spotify up. I cant play any songs, unless i log out then log back in. I cant afford to up grade to premium. Can anyone help me with this?

• I keep get the Umusic add while play and it locks spotify up. I cant play any songs, unless i log out then log back in. I cant afford to up grade to premium. Can anyone help me with this?
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tablet version won't let me choose the songs

Yesterday, I bought a tablet with Android and supposely, on the tablet version, we're able to choose which song we wanna play, but I can't. I have spotify on my pc and on my iPhone and they work just fine. I tried uninstalling and installing again bu...

• Visitor
  • Yesterday, I bought a tablet with Android and supposely, on the tablet version, we're able to choose which song we wanna play, but I can't. I have spotify on my pc and on my iPhone and they work just...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify now thinks I am in the US, and won't let me change my country...

OKSo I tried to log in to Spotify, but each time it would log in for a split second, tell me I was offline (I wasn't), and then log back out. After reading a post on troubleshooting, I cleared the cache and data for the app. I then tried to log in ag...

• Casual Listener
  • OK So I tried to log in to Spotify, but each time it would log in for a split second, tell me I was offline (I wasn't), and then log back out. After reading a post on troubleshooting, I cleared th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files wont download to APP

I am unable to download local files to the playlists on my app on my Andriod phone. The tracks just say "Track not available" both in offline and online mode. My device will not show up on the spotify on my desktop even though we are connected to the...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to download local files to the playlists on my app on my Andriod phone.  The tracks just say "Track not available" both in offline and online mode.  My device will not show up o...
  • robinelinor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Everytime... Won't fit.

I have 1.35gb of songs. I also happen to have a 7gb nano. In the past, it hassynced, then stopped and failed. The. It works again. I just addedsomenew songsand now it wnt sync, saying that the song won't fit...

• I have 1.35gb of songs. I also happen to have a 7gb nano. In the past, it hassynced, then stopped and failed. The. It works again. I just addedsomenew songsand now it wnt sync, saying that the song w...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! So where's the magic

The release notes for Spotify 1.4.0 say there's supposed to be a surprise when you tap the album art... The album art just zooms.. Or if you tap the album art on the track that's pka] ING your presented with a context menu... Am I missing something h...

• Gig Goer
  • The release notes for Spotify 1.4.0 say there's supposed to be a surprise when you tap the album art... The album art just zooms.. Or if you tap the album art on the track that's pka] ING your pres...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to store offline music on the external SD card on Samsung S4

Hi, How do I save my playlist on the SD card on my phone?? I have looked at similiar post but they are old posts that were dated in 2012 and I'm not sure they are up to date. They are also vague. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, How do I save my playlist on the SD card on my phone?? I have looked at similiar post but they are old  posts that were dated in 2012 and I'm not sure they are up to date. They are also vagu...
  • ronny87x
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Bugs

Xperia Z1, all software (Android and Spotify) at latest version. Sometimes, the widget won't show on the lockscreen - I've no option to add an actual spotify widget, there isn't one in the list. Later, it'll just turn up again. No idea what changes i...

• Xperia Z1, all software (Android and Spotify) at latest version.   Sometimes, the widget won't show on the lockscreen - I've no option to add an actual spotify widget, there isn't one i...
  • ahvenan
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to browse playlists

So everything was working just fine ever since I became a premium user (a few months now). Well I was trying to download 3 playlists so I could listen offline. Got the error that said not enough space, came on here, and figured it was trying to insta...

• Casual Listener
  • So everything was working just fine ever since I became a premium user (a few months now).  Well I was trying to download 3 playlists so I could listen offline.  Got the error that said not...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Gives me premium, starts downloading then puts me back on free then repeats?

I would love to know why I pay for a premium membership and I get that premium membership for about an hour when it decides that I dont have a premium anymore, I have a free membership and quits downloading my music. Then it decides that I actually d...

• I would love to know why I pay for a premium membership and I get that premium membership for about an hour when it decides that I dont have a premium anymore, I have a free membership and quits down...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists deleted randomly

I have used Spoifty for over a year now with many different phones (all Androids). It was working fine today until I made a new playlist on my computer and it didn't show up on my phone. I tried making it available in offline mode, tried force stoppi...

• I have used Spoifty for over a year now with many different phones (all Androids). It was working fine today until I made a new playlist on my computer and it didn't show up on my phone. I tried maki...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashes when I change a song

Hi! I'm a premium user of spotify and I'm having some troubles. When I play a song it stars normally, but when I change it the whole system crashes and I have to restart my phone. I deleted data and cache, also reinstalled the appAny help? Thank you

• Regular
  • Hi! I'm a premium user of spotify and I'm having some troubles. When I play a song it stars normally, but when I change it the whole system crashes and I have to restart my phone. I deleted data an...
  • Zeno_NZ
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Kindle fire Hdx Problems with Spotify

Got a Ue Mini boom speaker by logitech and Spotify skips and I lose out on a sec or so of the song and then it comes back any suggestions or should I return the Bluetooh speaker? Any suggestions or great bluetooh speaker you recommend let me know Tha...

• Regular
  • Got a Ue Mini boom speaker by logitech and Spotify skips and I lose out on a sec or so of the song and then it comes back any suggestions or should I return the Bluetooh speaker? Any suggestions ...
  • Alan8
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue Bug

Last night I was hanging outside listening to an album and decided to queue up the next album. Worked fine. That album was coming to an end so I queued up another album. Well the album I was currently listening to ended up being queued a dozen times....

• Roadie
  • Last night I was hanging outside listening to an album and decided to queue up the next album. Worked fine. That album was coming to an end so I queued up another album. Well the album I was currentl...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music playing from other devices / playlists disappearing

Okay so yesterday there was an update and that has messed things up, a lot!, Good job Spotify, ever heard of testing? SO yesterday at home my phone randomly started connecting to a Nexus 5 device (I don't own such a device) and it was weird. I though...

• Visitor
  • Okay so yesterday there was an update and that has messed things up, a lot!, Good job Spotify, ever heard of testing?   SO yesterday at home my phone randomly started connecting to a Nexus 5...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pauses in offline mode

I have a Samsung GS3 4G and Spotify keep on pausing in offline mode whenever I loose signal or get the signal back again. ie. I can start playing music again after losing signal (like going into a tunnel) but when the signal gets back again the music...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung GS3 4G and Spotify keep on pausing in offline mode whenever I loose signal or get the signal back again. ie. I can start playing music again after losing signal (like going into a tu...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • loose signal
    offline mode
    paus
    pauses
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes