Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lockscreen buttons disappears

Solved!

Lockscreen buttons disappears

When using Android 4.4 Kitkat (vanilla Android), the "previous track" and "skip track" buttons on the lockscreen sometimes disappears.

You have to pause and then play again (or turn the screen off) in order for them to reappear. This happens often when you skip songs.

This is very common, as many users have mentioned it in this thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-4-4-Spotify-doesnt-load-images/td-p/576494)

24 Replies

Are you using Go Locker or some other third party lock screen @mattled ? Spotify only shows on the stock lock screen for me.

I'm using the stock lock screen (with a pin). It disappears only sometimes, I was not able to detect a pattern yet when it disappears.

Switching to swipe or pattern unlock may help. Some headphone control apps such as degauss and Jays are known to cause problems too.

I'm using KitKat stock on my Xperia Z. Previously using Google Play Music and lock screen controls worked fine. Now, if I pause Spotify using the lock screen, the widget will always disappear from lock screen after a few minutes of screen off.

I imagine that Spotify is sending some form of sleep signal to the lock screen?

For reference, I recently updated my Zenfone 2 from Android L to M and this problem started happening after the upgrade.

Spotify will be playing songs normally, but the lockscreen controls disappear for no reason. Never happened while using Android L, thought. Now, it's a frequent issue. The persistent notification controls are also missing when the issue occurs.

I also noticed that it affects other applications that try to control spotify, such as Pebble or AutoMate Car Dashboard. When these try to pause/play/skip songs, they will fail if the Spotify persistent notification controls are missing.

I hope it gets fixed.

Suggested posts