Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Long loading time in different networks and missing songs in offline mode

Long loading time in different networks and missing songs in offline mode

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, Androidversion 5.0.1 and Spotify Version 8.4.0.539

I do not know if an update happened directly before the problems, since spotifiy seems to constantly download something. 

Lately, Spotify is taking forever to load, no matter if I'm in my home wifi or on mobile network. This does not only happen if I want to search or use any other online-feature, but also if I'm using downloaded songs. Sometimes it works if I turn off connectivity, but mostly i have to restart the app(sometimes several times). It seems to appear most often when changing the network.

Another problem is, that sometimes many downloaded songs are completely missing(whole albums, all albums, part of albums). They do reappear later.

I understand that loading times may take long when connectivity is bad, but there is nothing to load for downloaded songs. 

Has anybody a solution that does NOT involve turning anything off and on again? 

Cheers,

Laura

2 Replies

Nice to be able to write down my problems here. Even if it's like screaming into the void.

If you use an external SD card, my suggestion would be to try using your phone without it to see if things run more smoothly. If you want to give it a go, follow these steps.

• Uninstall spotify.
  • Eject and remove the SD card.
  • Reinstall spotify.
  • Use the phone without the SD card for a few days and see how it goes.

Suggested posts