Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Dear Spotify,

Spotify did it again. I am a premium user with 2000 offline songs at least. I like this service so much, I am relying on it for my entire music library, and I have less than 3 MP3 albums on my phones, only the few that are not available on Spotify.
It also takes 3-4 hours to backup all offline songs to my phone with a fair Internet connection. This morning, switched on my phone, was about to go on a 4 hour-trainride, opened Spotify to get in the musical mood of the day.

There it was, that weird "Log in / Sign up" screen once again. I log back in, to find ALL MY OFFLINE MUSIC HAS BEEN DELETED just like I was never logged in to Spotify on this device. I used it yesterday and it worked fine, my subscription payment is up to date.
I don't know how this bug is not important enough it wasn't fixed. I cannot afford at any time to lose 3 hours of my time to re-backup my entire offline music because I got logged off the app for no reason.

Any idea? Do you know if they plan to fix this?

Julien.

101 Replies

Well, I did that. And reinstaled the app too. And guess what? I just wake up and my musics weren't there again.

It's been two years since I have this problem and I'm frankly fed up with having to resynchronize my playlists all the time. That, plus the fact that it is still not possible to have the view of albums in the playlists, I am clearly tired of Spotify. It seems there is no developpers and no desire to improve the user experience.

The only reason I do not switch yet  to Google music, is my Samsung watch (compatible with Spotify).

I am having this issue again.. For a year, this occurs in like 2 months cycle. 

Me too. The last month this had happened twice, it removes all the offline albums, and about half of the offline playlists, leaving some playlists to play offline. And I don't use the offline mode in Spotify, I'm always online. I am talking about the offline function in my saved music albums. And I use SD card as my storage.

I'm on Android Nougat, latest update of Spotify, on a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. 

Paul

It's been over a year since this was reported and still no fix? I download an album in the evening and then find it's deleted the next morning for my commute? It's not worth the hassle. Can anyone suggest an alternative service as I'm sick of this?

It's due to the update. I had the very same problem. All ok. This morning it runs a Spotify update, all music gone. I disabled the automatic updatea. We'll see how it goes

Same problem here!  I ended up buying the in-flight WiFi (significantly more expensive than a month of Premium) for my cross-country flight because of it.  Very frustrating.

Get a new phone. Or store Spotify in your internal storage and everything
else on the SD. It worked for me. Probably has something to do with Spotify
using two storage locations. If you have it downloaded to system storage
and saving your music to the external SD, Spotify seems to 'forget' you've
downloaded your music. I've checked to see where it was and sure enough,
all 7gb was still on the SD but Spotify said it was using only a few megs
when you click storage location in the Spotify settings. My new phone
(Google Pixel, amazing btw) has only internal storage so Spotify doesn't
have to try to run itself from two locations. 128gb is plenty to download
everything in extreme quality and not run out of space.

The issue seems to stem from storage locations. Try moving it to your
internal storage next time it loses your music. Spotify struggles with
being in two locations on some phones.

I went from phone settings ->  apps, selected Spotify app and changed the storage from there. Are you saying there is a setting within the app?

I had the same problem with my OnePlus 5 (Android 7.1.1, Spotify Version 8.4.22.857) today. I didn't use any external storage. Android still tells me, that Spotify uses 12.7 GB internal storage.

The only similarities I could realize were the fact that my device ran out of batery last night and now all songs, playlists and albums are not anymore offline available. Additionaly Spotify forgot where I stopped my last song and which one it was.

I am wondering why this thread is marked as "solved".

I've discovered that mine loses all music every time the app updates. I turned off automatic app updates so I could do them manually, and it's definitely the app updates which cause the offline music to disappear.

Me too. Murphy's law, just before every travel on the plane, I loose all the music (both on the phone and desktop)....Considering other options to spotify, and I have been with spoti for years, from the very begining. It should not be so difficult to fix an app. 

I am considering alternatives also. Someone know if Google music is a good alternative ?  Does it offer music download + album view in the playlists ?

GPM is a very poor user experience but they rarely update their android app so it is stable. They usually have a free trial offer so give it a try.

Exact. Disabled the updates,my music is still there since I posted this while before it was gone every other week. It shameful that the app seems to update every week/couple weeks to fix nothing at all(if you had a changelog..., I'm a software engineer and there are 0 excuses to not having a decent changelog, it's the basic of SW engineering and team development)

darn it Spotify !!!!!

I lost again my sync music, every week now !!!!!!!! I am actually in a foreign country with almost no connection, so I can't listen my music.

this happens on iPhone, no sd no nothing. it's insane that this happens so often and no solution is provided

Same issue on Huawei P8 with an SD card. I had had issues before but was suspecting the 30 day limit. Now I see it wasn't that. Freshly after a full phone reset, I moved the app to SD, and then set up Spotify itself to save to SD. Downloaded 250 songs. Only a few days later (like less than a week), nothing is available offline. I check the app settings, and the storage location is now internal storage. It moved on its own. I selected external, because I have only few GBs available in the phone and 50GB available on the SD. It tells me it will move the stuff, which could take a while. But right after that, it tells me it can't move the stuff after all. Now syncing to internal storage after all, hoping it won't be deleted during my trip that starts tomorrow ... if it does, I definitely switch to competition. The irony is, the phone reset was in part due to the phone's storage being full all the time, which in retrospect, may have been due to Spotify regularly "abandoning" music files?

I have followed the endless advice from Spotify forums and again I have lost all my downloaded music. Today they are offering users £99 for a year's service. It would be great if your **bleep** service worked come on....sort it out please.

We users pay your fricken mortgage.

Suggested posts