Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low volume on Android - some kind of explanation

Low volume on Android - some kind of explanation

Hi 

I myself has experienced the most annoying thing where the volume on my S3, when starting a new track for example, reduces by approx 30% within a half a second. 

After been reading a couple of posts, I ended up with the solution to turn the EQ off. I then realized that turning the EQ off is the same as having all frequency settings set at 0db. And as I had all settings at sub zero db levels, in the first place, the volume, quite naturally, is getting reduced.

So from now on I have all settings starting at least at 0db. I'm not saying that this is the best for the soundquality but at least it gives you your volume back.

Sorry if I'm second or third....on this.

3 Replies

Hi. I thought the issues with the equaliser had been fixed but, yes, the solution to low volume was to turn of spotify's equaliser. What version of spotify are you using and have you tried reinstalling?

Hi

Having an iPhone with spotify for years, i must say this annoys me greatly when i switched to a s4 mini. I always connect my phone to my fm-transmitter in the car to ger my own music. But with this phone i have to crank it up so much for the same effect i fear for my car speakers. Youtube is fine, samsung media player is fine. Heck even phone calls are perfect, but android spotify so crappy.

For reference my settings are:
EQ turned off
Volume Max
Version 0.7.1.407

Suggested posts