Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Casual Listener
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing multiple playlists at once.

So... today I was out cutting grass and I was switching from one playlist to another, and I thought it was switching back to the previous playlist, but it turns out that both playlists were playing at the same time.I don't know how I got that to happ...

• So... today I was out cutting grass and I was switching from one playlist to another, and I thought it was switching back to the previous playlist, but it turns out that both playlists were playing a...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to change playlist order and where is shuffle play?

I have a premium account. Neither online nor on my androir phone can I change the order of a playlist or use shuffle play. Those options do not appear. How come?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account. Neither online nor on my androir phone can I change the order of a playlist or use shuffle play. Those options do not appear. How come?
  • Mindyfromork
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist loading

Anyone having the playlistloading, nowadays?

• Casual Listener
  • Anyone having the playlistloading, nowadays?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

no premium

I brought Spotify premium today and at the spotify Website i have premium and on my smartphone is a notification, that i don't have premium -.-

• I brought Spotify premium today and at the spotify Website i have premium and on my smartphone is a notification, that i don't have premium -.-
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

My account does not recognise PREMIUM

I think it is because I have made a duplicate account through Facebook. Any advise???

• I think it is because I have made a duplicate account through Facebook. Any advise???
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Limit to songs downloaded onto Android tablet, confused

I read this on a Solutions page- "You can have up to 3,333 tracks from the Spotify streaming catalogue synced for offline use, on each of up to 3 computers/devices at any time." But on my Android tablet it says it can't download anymore, there's abou...

• Regular
  • I read this on a Solutions page- "You can have up to 3,333 tracks from the Spotify streaming catalogue synced for offline use, on each of up to 3 computers/devices at any time." But on my Androi...
  • chelsea8787
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Different number of Songs on Android vs OSX

On my Android phone (HTC One X) it states that I have 443 songs in my playlist. However on the desktop it states that I have 348 songs. The desktop is correct (as there were some duplicates I removed) ... how do I get them to match up? Thanks

• Regular
  • On my Android phone (HTC One X) it states that I have 443 songs in my playlist. However on the desktop it states that I have 348 songs.   The desktop is correct (as there were some duplicate...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Titles appear as loading

Hey guys,a few titels in my starred playlist appeared as loading the whole time. I could play them but neither titels nor artist or cover were shown.Figured out, I added a song with a "ß" ("german" sharp s) in the title, which transfered to a black s...

• Hey guys, a few titels in my starred playlist appeared as loading the whole time. I could play them but neither titels nor artist or cover were shown. Figured out, I added a song with a "ß" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

premium update

Just updated my Spotify to premium and have receipt of payment. When trying to download I am being asked to update AGAIN to premium. Have deleted and re installed app but having same problem. Using Samsung Galaxy S4.

• Casual Listener
  • Just updated my Spotify to premium and have receipt of payment. When trying to download I am being asked to update AGAIN to premium. Have deleted and re installed app but having same problem. Using S...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing phone from offline devices

I will be getting a new phone tomorrow and would like to know if there is an easy way to disconnect my old phone from spotify and add my new phone to my offline devices. I know that only 3 offline devices are allowed per account. I have spotify premi...

• Casual Listener
  • I will be getting a new phone tomorrow and would like to know if there is an easy way to disconnect my old phone from spotify and add my new phone to my offline devices.   I know that only 3 off...
  • klmuell2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist download is stuck at 33%

Playing the first "grayed out" track seems to get the downloader unstuck. This issue has been vexing me for some time! -Ethan

• Regular
  • Playing the first "grayed out" track seems to get the downloader unstuck.  This issue has been vexing me for some time!   -Ethan
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP: What is the best way to get my offline tracks onto my 32 gb card?

I tried the clear cache, un install, reinstall and yet the spotify app continues to put the downloaded tunes onto my internal storage of 5 gbs instead of my 32 gb card (29 gbs free) card. I miss the daysof being able to select for ourselves the sd ca...

• Roadie
  • I tried the clear cache, un install, reinstall and yet the spotify app continues to put the downloaded tunes onto my internal storage of 5 gbs instead of my 32 gb card (29 gbs free) card. I miss the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't get rid of Starred songs that I have deleted from my desktop app

So I have Spotify on my desktop. I used to have around slightly over a thousand songs starred.Getting sick of it, I removed all of them and started again.Problem is, my phone still says I have a metric butt ton of songs still starred, when I don't. I...

spotify.PNG 2013-04-30 13.30.54.png
  • Casual Listener
  • So I have Spotify on my desktop. I used to have around slightly over a thousand songs starred. Getting sick of it, I removed all of them and started again. Problem is, my phone still says I hav...
  • Henaree
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Who ever is in charge of the mobile Spotify applications, read this!

Please read the comments in this thread:http://www.swedroid.se/officiella-apparna-for-twitter-och-spotify-uppdateras/#comments (It's in Swedish fyi, men det borde väl inte vara något problem?) I need to know what the problem is. What's taking so long...

• Music Fan
  • Please read the comments in this thread: http://www.swedroid.se/officiella-apparna-for-twitter-och-spotify-uppdateras/#comments   (It's in Swedish fyi, men det borde väl inte vara något probl...
  • nikee93
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't Login at Galaxy S2

Hi today I went to the gym and Spotify didn't worked at my Handy, but it still works on my PC. I reinstalled the App, changed password but it still doesn't works always shown "wrong username/wrong password" I login via facebook any help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi today I went to the gym and Spotify didn't worked at my Handy, but it still works on my PC. I reinstalled the App, changed password but it still doesn't works always shown "wrong username/wrong pa...
  • Noxplode
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help: "Now playing" popup showing wrong song

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, unrooted. When a new song begins, the "Now playing" popup is consistently wrong, usually showing the details of the song that just ended rather than the new one beginning like it should. Any suggestions?

• Regular
  • I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, unrooted. When a new song begins, the "Now playing" popup is consistently wrong, usually showing the details of the song that just ended rather than the new one ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Now playing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ext sd card storage working

I've seen some comment that the feature whereby the app would choose the location with most avail storage upon install wasn't working. Possibly that was in 5.12 and fixed since then. I have Android 4.1.2 on an S3. This morning I had 5.13.63 and the s...

• Casual Listener
  • I've seen some comment that the feature whereby the app would choose the location with most avail storage upon install wasn't working. Possibly that was in 5.12 and fixed since then. I have Android 4...
  • KevinH51
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solution for Spotify on Tablets (Landscape Mode)

Hi All, There is a way of using the official Spotify application and forcing it to landscape. I came across and application today called GMD Smart Rotate, and it has the ability to force all applications to landscape. It comes in a free and pro versi...

Spotify Landscape
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   There is a way of using the official Spotify application and forcing it to landscape. I came across and application today called GMD Smart Rotate, and it has the ability to force a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

music stops playing

anytime im listening to a playlist, or the radio, after every song, the music stops playing. when i go back to the app, it says the song is playing, but their is no sound. if i want to keep listening, i have to skip to the next song. after that song,...

• anytime im listening to a playlist, or the radio, after every song, the music stops playing. when i go back to the app, it says the song is playing, but their is no sound. if i want to keep listening...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help, spotify on android

I`we downloded spotify on my Nexus tablet, but I cant seem to get it to play. Not even sure if i got it right either.. Wel, am I supposed to use the "radio" button to play my lists? When ever I try to "radio" a list, all I get is: sorry, can not radi...

• Regular
  • I`we downloded spotify on my Nexus tablet, but I cant seem to get it to play. Not even sure if i got it right either.. Wel, am I supposed to use the "radio" button to play my lists? When ever I try t...
  • lashes
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes