Lyrics don't show up anymore.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Android

My Question or Issue

So until yesterday, lyrics on songs showed up automatically. Now lyrics do not show up at all. I went back to shows where the lyrics did show up yesterday, and now they do not display. There is simply no lyrics displayed at the bottom of the screen anymore. There seems to be no option to turn lyrics on or off. Why won't lyrics show up anymore? I have rebooted my device and signed in and out, but that doesn't seem to help. 

8 Replies

The lyrics by genius right? Did you try reinstalling the app?

Yes. Twice. It did not restore the lyrics. 

The same issue is happening to me suddenly I m guessing for a few months now. please try to give me a resolution of this.

My country is India plan is premium

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry.  We'll shed some light on the situation.

Just to double check- you can't see the option Behind the Lyrics or just the Lyrics? Currently the option for lyrics is not available in some countries. That would explain why you can't see it for different songs.

If you can't activate the option Behind the Lyrics with these steps, we'd suggest to restart the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account. If that doesn't do the trick, you can check these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ver,

Still no luck for me. tried both the steps removed the app completely including cache and data. 

And one weird thing is that tha issue exist for me only in my phone.

when i play the same song on the desktop version of spotify lyrics works totally fine.

but in the application there is no lyrics poping up. 

I also checked on some of my friends devices playing the same track on mine and their device unfortunatly lyrics were present in their phone but not on mine and fun fact they arent even premium users like me.

Its been almost like 6-7 months since i am facing this issue please i love spotify a lot this issue is like removing cherry from the cake. 

Hey @saranshtiwari99,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you ask your friends to log in on your device and see if the Lyrics come up then? Alternatively you can create a free account yourself here and give it a go. If it works with the other account, this would indicate that the root cause of the problem lies with your original one. If that's the case you can use the steps here to transfer your music collection over to the new account.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Mihail,

Thank you for this quick response i appriciate it.

So i made a new free account and fortunatly lyrics do showed up with this account.  Hence we established the fact that my original account have some problem with showing lyrics.

But my question here is how can i get my premium membership to the new clone account which you have suggested me to make, since i have already paid for a year of premium also i have followed like hundreds of artist and have more then 1.5K songs in all of my playlists.

So is there any easy way to make a clone account because this way seems alot tedious and hectic. 

Looking forward to you reply.

Thanks

Hi @saranshtiwari99

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We can confirm that the Lyrics feature is still being tested. Weโ€™re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might not always see something on the app other users do and vice-versa. That's why it might be available in some accounts and some devices, but not in others.

We're afraid it's not possible to transfer subscriptions. In this case, we recommend to keep your current account in which you already paid for Premium.

Also, it's not possible to transfer your followed artists. In case you decide to keep the new account, you'd need to follow them again in the new account.

We're sorry for any inconvenience. If you need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€โ€“ Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts