Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I can see the lyrics when I'm using Spotify on desktop but they aren't appearing on the mobile (same account). I tried using someone else's account on the same phone and the lyrics are there but when I log off and log in on my account again they're not there. I've tried doing the "clean uninstall", re-starting my phone, logging out, cleaning the cache and nothing worked.

21 Replies

the same happening to me

same to mee

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

The Lyrics feature is still in test phase, hence it might not be available for all users across all devices. 

We recommend logging out and back in twice on Mobile. This activates the feature on some accounts.

Let us know how it goes once you try trins.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It didn't work :((

Hi @yjmila,

Thanks for your reply.

If the double re-log didn't activate the Lyrics feature, we'd suggest trying a new test account. You can create one with another email address and see if the Lyrics feature is available on that one. If that's the case you can consider moving your music collection over. Check out this guide for some helpful info on how to do that.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Same here. It must be something on the accounts, some internal flag that someone in Spotify technical team could activate...

Maybe the users that are host of family accounts are not yet configured to show the lyrics?

You might try to support this idea to get your account activated for lyrics: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Mobile-Create-a-way-for-requesting-the-activation-...

I have the same problem, the problem is with the ACCOUNT, not the phone. Creating a new account and moving my playlists there  is NOT an option for me, as a matter of fact it would be the WORST solution because my account and playlists has grown a fair enough amount of followers.
I pay for a premium service so I expect to receive the same service other premium users have.
Please help..

I think I might have found a (absolutely ridiculous) fix.

I had lyrics on pc, but not mobile. I created a new free account and mysteriously had lyrics on mobile there.

While the new free account was still signed in - on the mobile app - I deleted the new account in my mobile browser (Chrome).

When I opened the app again, it automatically signed out of the now deleted account.

I then signed into my original account and the lyrics magically appeared.

I've tried all the other fixes - reinstalling the app, deleting the cache, logging in two times in a row etc., but none of it worked. But this worked for some reason. Hope it works for others.

WoW worked for me as well - delete free acount while being singned in mobile app.  Looks like a workaround for what seems to be kind of bug-related rather to account than to app itself.  Bug bunty should be applied for this solution 🤣

I tried it and didn't work for me... Still no lyrics for my account on mobile.

It seems like the lyrics disappear when the app shuts down though. I had the lyrics for like 20 minutes, put my phone away and came back to check - no lyrics. And I didn't log off or close the app myself. It seems like a bug of some kind.

Confirmed after the android app is closed and started again lyrics do not show again 😞

For me the solution works only after restart too. Nice Try anyway!!!

The solution that spotify proposes is quite unpleasant, it is clear that it is a problem with a highly demanded feature of the app and it does not make sense that it does not work with certain accounts, many of them old or family accounts that it does not make sense to get rid of (for the lists with followers and accumulated statistics that serve to obtain recommendations)

Nor does it seem to be a very complex bug to solve, we are not talking about a combination of app with unsupported phones.

I tried all of the solutions outlined in the comments and none worked. I will not be deleting my account to try and fix it either, It's just really frustrating that this is not something that is a priority. I use lyrics extremely often and the fact that they are available for every song on Apple Music makes me want to delete this account, but I have a lot of music connected to my Spotify account. I would just like a reasonable solution. 

I agree with everyone else who submitted complaints about this issue- this is account specific, not device specific, and I am also the host of a premium family account. Has the Spotify tech team found any resolution for this yet? How do we bring this to their attention?

Spoiler
Device: Samsung galaxy S8
I live in France where everyone around me seems to got the lyrics, even though i was the one actually hyped by this particular feature. It makes me really mad to see that the best fix spotify could found was to login 2 times in a row.

Moreover even if i want it so bad, i won't transfer my account into a new one because i do enjoy the personnalized playlist, stats etc accumulated during my years of listening. I still hope to get these lyrics one day and that Spotify actually care about their premium customers...

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We're aware that some users are reporting a similar issue with the Lyrics feature.

All the related cases are now being merged into one single thread. You can find all the information in the top answer of this post.

Hope it helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

How do i open a case with the support team? I can't see the lyrics on my device but can on desktop

Hey @jepinero,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

If your issue still persists, you need to get in touch with the Support team. To do so, check the options that we have available here.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts