Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Media Control Problems (Android 6.0.1)

Solved!

Media Control Problems (Android 6.0.1)

Hey guys,

Last week, I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy to Android 6.0.1. Since the upgrade, I have been having issues with the media controls coming from my car stereo, Bose bluetooth speaker, and headphones. When I send a "skip track" command, the volume on the phone decreases by one unit. I have tried my media controls with other music apps (Play Music, Pandora) and have had no issues. It appears that this is an issue with Spotify only, and it only began occuring after switching to the new Android OS. Has anyone else had this problem or found a fix for it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I figured it out. I had Jay's Headset Control installed on my phone. It had never worked on the previous version of Android, but I had forgotten to uninstall it. Upon removing this app, everything is back to normal. For anyone who may be having this problem, perhaps removing any controller apps will fix it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I figured it out. I had Jay's Headset Control installed on my phone. It had never worked on the previous version of Android, but I had forgotten to uninstall it. Upon removing this app, everything is back to normal. For anyone who may be having this problem, perhaps removing any controller apps will fix it.

That is an issue that does crop up every now and again. It's one of the things I mention in the troubleshooting guide pinned to the top of the forum.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts