Country

USA

Device

Samsung S10

Operating System

Android 12/One UI 4.0

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Since updating to Android 12 (or coincidentally at the same time with a Spotify app update and not related to Android 12 update), my Spotify doesn't start playing automatically when it connects to my car Bluetooth. This wasn't an issue with Android 11.

Even when hitting the "play" button on the car's infotainment system, Spotify doesn't start; I have to manually open the app and press play.

I already tried

• Rebooting device
  • Clean reinstall of Spotify
  • Using cell data instead of WiFi
  • Clearing Spotify and device caches
  • Disabling all battery optimizations for Spotify
  • Friends' cars
  • All applicable steps here
  • Unpairing and repairing device on car stereo and phone

My guess is that Spotify is being closed and can't be "woken up" by the cars request to start the music.

I don't know if this is a Spotify or Samsung/Android 12 issue; maybe there are new Bluetooth permissions in Android 12 Spotify has yet to implement (Maybe an "Allow external devices to control playback" option like in Google Play Music?)

Google-Play-Music-Adds-an-Option-to-Stop-Automatic-Playback-810x298_cThanks for looking into it 🙂

21 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey guys,

Just wanted to quickly update everyone that the issue I had seems to be fixed after I performed a factory reset (because of an unrelated issue) on my device. It now seems to only not work sometimes (instead of not working all the time) and that may be due to Samsung killing the background app...

If you're having problems with your Pioneer/JVM/Kenwood car radio's Spotify mode, this post was not meant for this issue. Instead, check HERE.

Thanks to everyone who tried to solve the issue!

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Note 10+ 

Operating System

Android 12

Android Auto : Volkswagen Tiguan 2022 Wireless

My Question or Issue

Since I clicked on allow on this notification  "get the best spotify experience on android 12...allow bluetooth" 

On my android auto car I have to close and reopen spotify a few times to get my music in my car.

How can I disable "The best experience" that appears to be finally the worst experience ?

Thanks for your replies 🙂

Suggested posts