Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music gets quieter after lock down phone

Music gets quieter after lock down phone

Volume is okay if I listen music but after I lock down my phone it gets quieter until it's very quiet and I can't turn it up. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

Huawei P30 lite

Operating System

Android

Spotify version

8.5.**bleep**. 834

My Question or Issue

9 Replies

Hey there @Florcsi,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We'd suggest you restart the device and log out and log back in to the account. It's also a good idea to check that Spotify is not included in your battery optimizing apps.

If that doesn't help, you can follow these steps and run a clean reinstall.

Can you check if this happens on another device? That way, we can see if it is a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena

I’m using an iPhone Xs and I have the same problem. When I’m locking and unlocking my phone, the music gets more silent than a non-speaker call. I’ve done all you suggested, without success. Any other solutions?

Thomas

Hi @rwko596a576xdpk4x18v,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

We'd like to have some more information about this in order to assist you better. When you lock/unlock your phone do you actually see the volume bar going down, or does it stay the same? 

Also, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator

Hello

Yes, the volume stays high on my screen, but the volume in sound lowers. I
can’t higher the volume. The only way to avoid this is restart the Spotify
app, but that’s not very handy when jogging around.

Thomas

Hi @rwko596a576xdpk4x18v,

Thank you for your reply and sharing those insights.

Please check this setting and toggle it on/off, then restart your phone and check if that makes a difference: Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Headphone Safety.

If the issue persists after that, let us know if you were able to test with a different account and if you noticed any change with it.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

1. I have an android s20 fe and the same happenes to me. The weird things that it's just not spotify, it also happenes when I listen to other audio books apps. I close the phone and the volume drops by 20%. The only way to get it back is to close and restart the app. Only does it when I'm using wired head phones. Tried many setting and nothing seems to affect it. It's seems like it's across all platforms as well from other people on this chat.

Hey @speed23947

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Since you mentioned that this issue happens with other apps as well, we suggest that you reach out directly to your phone's manufacturer so they can take a closer look and give you a hand with this. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am using an iPhone and my Spotify is acting up. When I am playing a song on the phone speak and suddenly pick up the phone to change song or etc, the volume of the song will decrease automatically to a volume that you can’t barely hear. When trying to increase the volume, my phone will show that the volume is at the maximum even thought I can’t hear any changes. It takes roughly 2-3 minutes for it to slowly increase its volume to the original volume itself. 

Hi there @Wai19,

Thanks for the post.

This sounds like an odd issue indeed. Can you let us know if you're using any type of headphones or speaker when this happens or does it occur when you're playing music straight from the phone?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts