Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps pausing randomly when phone is locked (Samsung S20)

Music keeps pausing randomly when phone is locked (Samsung S20)

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone on here has experienced the same issue? Whenever I have my music playing and my phone has been locked for about 2 to 5 minutes my music will pause at random. This seems to happen intermittently as well. I've gone into my settings and have placed the app into "Apps that won't be put to sleep" but it will still pause itself from time to time. As another note, I have a Samsung S20. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
12 Replies

Hello @Ricothemighty!

Thanks for coming to the Community. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for more help with your issue.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It keeps stopping also while being use weather direct headphones kr bkuetooth and the spotify songs are playing without the proper song title being showed and album art also this will definitely need a uodate to work with these phones

Hey!

Thanks for your reply. Can you try having a clean reinstall of the app? Make sure to let me know if that does the trick.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey I had this exact problem too once android 11 came out. Not sure how samsungs work completely but I'm using a pixel and I went to "my apps" and then "spotify" and it said battery was not being optimized. However, when I went to battery and went to all apps spotify was under the optimized column so I had to disable it there as well and now it's fine. 

Hey @user-removed!

I'm glad you managed to solve this issue. Thanks for sharing what did the trick for you. @Ricothemighty can you try that and let me know if it works?

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I have the same problem. The song on the bottom of the screen dont match the song thats playing. An after a while when the phone goes to sleep the music stops. I have a android 11 . version 10n  ONE UI-version 2,5 . My android 7 and 8 i din´t have that problem.

Screenshot_20201006-125818_Spotify.jpg

The Spotify answer you are refering to dones´t help. In my case ive checked battrey, reinstalled, updated ny phone, allowed plying in backlground and so on. Im convinced it has something to do wit the fact that the sonng im playind dont show at bottom of screen. Bad programming?

For me. That didn´t helped

Hello @hawkwiz and folks!

Thanks for bringing this detailed and helpful information. Since some of you are experiencing this issue I'll check with the Community Moderators and will let you know the next steps to take as soon as possible.

Have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks for adding the issue with a totally different song showing other than the one being played. This seems to be a pretty wide-spread issue and virtually everyone on my workplace with an android phone has the same problem 

Hey there @hawkwiz,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.   

Would you mind confirming if you performed a reinstall or a clean reinstall of the app? We recommend the clean reinstall for being more thorough than the regular one and ensuring that any old cached files aren't causing the issue.

It'd also be useful to take a look at this help page for more troubleshooting steps for Samsung.   

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.  

Hey folks,

Thanks for searching the answer you need here.

To those of you that have their music pause when their screen is locked, we suggest that you follow the advice by @user-removed to check if Spotify is optimized by the phone's settings. If that doesn't fix things, it's a good idea to perform a clean reinstall using these these these steps and having a look here for more troubleshooting steps for Samsung, as @Ivan posted.

If on the other hand you experience that the correct song is not reflected in the Now playing view like for @AlCappucino, you seem to be affected by this ongoing issue. We recommend that you +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll share any updates there, as soon as there are any.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts