Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music leaps when using Google app in parallel

Music leaps when using Google app in parallel

When using the Google App on Android 5.1 (cat s40 device) in parallel to listening to Spotify music, the music leaps: it breaks for the fraction of a second, then resumes at a later time stamp than the break would have lasted. Similar to as if I'd let the needle of a record player jump a bit up and down with the tip of my finger. Anyone else got this issue? Has a bug report been issued to the Spotify tracking system already?
Best regards from Munich, Germany,
Daniel
8 Replies

@wutz91

What phone are you using? If it only happens when using the Google App it may be a low RAM issue.

Do a clean install and see if that helps, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi osornios,
thank you for the quick reply.
My phone is a cat s40.
I did all the steps you specified, then reinstalled Spotify and killed all apps at least on the foreground using CleanMaster.
Of course, other background processes would still be open.
This yields the RAM distribution as attached.
The clean uninstall and reinstall of Spotify did not resolve the issue.
Regards,
Daniel
Screenshot_2016-07-09-07-04-48.png
Screenshot_2016-07-09-07-04-48.png

@wutz91

Get in touch with customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

@osornios

Thank your for your suggestion. I contacted customer support. They gave me credentials of a test account. I logged in with them and the problem still occurs on my device.

I still need to login with my own credentials and the test credentials to a different device.

As soon as this is done, I will get back to customer support. Also, I will keep you updated here on the matter.

Yes, please let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

This is what I replied to customer support:

I tested it with the test account credentials on the device of my girlfriend (Android 4.4.2 on Doro Liberto 820 Mini).

As predicted, the issue does not occur on that device.

It still does occur on my device (Android 5.1 on Cat S40).

On both devices I run the Spotify app version 5.9.0.774 armV7.

Best regards,

Daniel

Hello @osornios,

customer support replied. For tl;dr users, first the

SHORT VERSION:

At this point, we can only acknowledge the issue and pass the information we have to our tech team, so we know how to proceed when we see any similar cases.
We're very sorry we couldn't help you out more on this occasion.

LONG VERSION:

Hi again, Daniel!

Thank you very much for getting back to us with that information!

We've reread all of your messages and we think you may have been right in one of your emails, when you said that it's not only Spotify that's getting affected by this issue, but your radio as well.

You then got to the following conclusion: "So the music leaps issue on Spotify could actually be reduced to a scheduling problem in the Lollipop OS on a device with lower HW specs than high-performing devices, in which case it might or might not have been fixed in Marshmallow or Nougat at the latest".

We're pretty sure that may be the case, especially that you were still experiencing the issue on our test account and it was not present on your girlfriend's Doro Liberto 820 Mini.

Unfortunately, if the issue is caused by your device, our hands are tied. Usual troubleshooting steps like setting you up on the new account won't work, because it's clearly not the account issue. We're afraid reinstalling Spotify or restarting your Android also won't help if the OS is experiencing problems with opening few apps simultaneously (music playing apps in particular).

At this point, we can only acknowledge the issue and pass the information we have to our tech team, so we know how to proceed when we see any similar cases.

We advise to always have the latest version of Spotify installed, as our tech team is constantly removing little issues and improving performance and compatibility of Spotify. Most likely all you need to resolve your issue is some minor update available in the future.

We're very sorry we couldn't help you out more on this occasion. We really hope issue is not unbearable and you still can enjoy your music despite those mini pauses.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you - we'll be more than happy to assist you 🙂

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Karolina
Spotify Customer Support
Cambridge, UK

"Give me a laundry list and I'll set it to music" - Gioachino Antonio Rossini

So the issue only happens in your hardware. That's a bummer. 😕

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts