Duo/couple

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 4, 7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Music will randomly pause. The progress bar continues to move forward and the pause button is still showing but there is no audio. When I press pause the progress bar goes back to where the music actually paused and the "pause" button changes to "play". When I tap "play" music picks up where it left off. This can happen multiple times during a song, I change songs and it continues to pause. However, sometimes I can have music playing for hours without it happening. It doesn't seem to matter which playlist I'm listening to (list I made, other lists, downloaded and not downloaded).

Closing the app and restarting doesn't fix it. Restarting my phone also made no difference. I upgraded my phone from a Pixel 4 (phone set back to factory settings, everything stripped off) to 7 in November 2023, and I continue to have the issue. I have the app only on my phone.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, with a new password. Removed the downloads and cleared the cache. I removed my widget, tried turning off battery saver and Bluetooth, and go into airplane mode. None of which has seemed to make a difference.

I have a duo plan and it doesn't do it to my husband. We also both have the same phones (Pixel 7).

3 Replies

Hi there @DeannaMcArthur,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide us the following:

• Is this on all devices or only on specific one(s)?
  • When did this start happening? Did this coincide with an update to Android or Spotify?
  • Does it happen on any network, both Wi-Fi and mobile data?
  • The exact Spotify Version you use.
  • A video of the behaviour. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same problem.for me on a pixel 7a. Only started recently and only happens on Spotify 

Hey @DT41,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried any troubleshooting steps, and if so, which ones? This way we can avoid repeating any. 

It would also be helpful if you could send the rest of the info that @Joan requested above. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts