Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify replaying some of the same songs

Spotify replaying some of the same songs

When I play a playlist or radio, and that song list ends, Spotify goes on to play songs in the same vein as what I was just listening to. I have 'Autoplay similar content' enabled in the settings, so this is what I want. However, when the playlist or radio ends, the "recommended songs" will always include some or many of the same songs that were in the list of songs I just listened to. I never want that. Spotify should know what songs were already played in the playlist or radio, and if they were played, it shouldn't play them again. I've used Youtube Music and Apple Music, and both of those do that perfectly fine. Spotify should absolutely be able to do that too. Is this a known issue?
1 Reply

Hi there @ASeriesOfTubes, thanks for your post, and welcome to the community! To the best of my knowledge, Spotify doesn't have a feature that prevents autoplay from playing songs that are in the content you were previously listening to. I've had similar experiences to you where some songs will play again that I've heard recently.

So, unfortunately, I don't believe there is currently any way to prevent this from happening but I would recommend submitting an idea here that users can comment and vote on related to changing the way autoplay chooses tracks.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts