Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music playing randomly when I did not press play?

Solved!

Music playing randomly when I did not press play?

Plan

Free

Country

Australia

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android Pie.)

My Question or Issue

Need help I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 and for some reason music starts that I have not and will not Listen to, I have hit the pause button and than it starts playing again, when I do play something, this time I decided to play some crime scene investigation tracks and all of a sudden it got passed on me, this happened a few times in a row. This has become an issue for myself as I do not know what is going on. I thought maybe something was being done by my housemate. I asked housemate and they also had no idea, they also showed me that they were logged out of there accounts and and all devices on the wifi were forgotten threw the Google home App, my hose mate said they were looking threw and reading to find a solution to this and found nothing, please is there anyone that has had this happen to them or know what is going on. Its starting to frustrate me alot. Please any help will be extremely grateful. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Boppin_Bobbit

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Boppin_Bobbit

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account, first reset the password:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.

You can find the contact form here

I hope it helps

Is there any way for a Google home set up to be causing a problem with it? Myself and my housemate are on the same wifi and we found that when my housemate contacted to the wifi and set up a Google Home Mini and a Google Chromecast I was unable to use my own Google Home device, housemate has fully forgotten the wifi and there Google devices in there room also, we both kind of just want to be able to use our devices and not cause any trouble for each other if you know what I mean. Do you know if there is a way for us both to be able to use it all separately from the other on 1 wifi connection?  If you couldn't tell I'm really new to all this..

Hi @Boppin_Bobbit

Are you both connected to the same Google Home?

If so, you need to unlink first, for the other person to be able to play music from their account. 

Please, check this Support Article for more details.

There's also a link to Google Home support site, if you're having any troubles with their devices. 

Suggested posts