Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

HELP! I see several threads with the same issue, but none have been answered?!
Regardless if I play a song on my Chrome cast, PC, Sonos, Work Phone (S20+), or any other device, the song gets transferred to my Galaxy S21 when:
- I start the car, and Android play initiates.
- Connect a Bluetooth headset to my S21.
- I start my PC, and Windows "My Phone" app connects with my Phone.

It DOES NOT happen when I connect my S20+ to the same devices, despite having an identical setup as my S21 Ultra and (obviously) Spotify installed.

My S21 is the King of the Castle and takes over whenever. It's especially frustrating when I go for multiple short drives in a row; my wife gets mental as the music stops at home as soon as I start the car.

Please help so she does not leave me for someone with a less hostile phone.  

1 Reply

Hey there @averheim,

Thank you for sharing your issue with the Community! Let's try dealing with your phone's hostile tendencies, there should definitely be a reason for them 😄
The app might be active in the background so new connections (Android Auto; Bluetooth headphones etc.) could be forcing the device to take over.

Could you please try the following:

• Stream some music via your PC and make sure the Spotify app is completely closed on your phone (swiped away)
  • Connect your phone to any of the mentioned devices and check if anything happens to the desktop playback

Hope all goes well!
We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts