Music wouldn't play, reinstalled, now I can't log in

Music wouldn't play, reinstalled, now I can't log in

Plan

Family

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung J6

I opened Spotify this morning and tried to play music but nothing would play. I could see the songs but nothing happened when I clicked on them. It also wouldn't load albums or playlists. I have been having problems for weeks now (songs are delayed 20-30 seconds when I click play, playlists and albums won't open) but this morning it did not work at all.

I cleared the cache, closed all other apps, restarted Spotify. Nothing worked. So I deleted the app and then reinstalled it. I tried to sign in through Facebook but it just says "Anmeldung laeuft, bitte warten" (logging in, please wait). I gave up after 10 minutes.

It will be awkward to cancel my subscription as I share it with my flatmates (who all have iPhones and therefore no problems). I presume my relatively old phone could have something to do with the problems, but I don't want to have to buy a new phone just to be able to use THE ONLY APP THAT I ACTUALLY PAY FOR.

Any help would be appreciated because I am completely fed up with this. I can't believe a product I pay money for would work so poorly.

6 Replies

Oh, another thing it's been doing for months at this stage, so long that I've basically accepted it: the app will say I have no internet connection when I CLEARLY DO.

Hi there @Ciridiri,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm if you followed these steps when you reinstalled the app? 

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Also, can you let us know if the same issue persist if you log in with a different device?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Just so I'm sure about this, are you suggesting that even though Spotify is the only app I have trouble with, I should remove my sim card in order to use the app, at the expense of using my phone as a phone?

Also, Spotify seems to be working fine on my desktop, so the problem is with the phone app.

Hey again @Ciridiri,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough. 

Sometimes removing the SD card and then reinstalling the app and then putting back the SD card helps.

If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep  an eye out for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy, 

I just tried that. Deinstalled the app, turned off the phone, removed the sim cards, restarted, reinstalled, and tried to log in (through Facebook, if that makes a difference?). The "Logging in, please wait" screen has been loading for about 10 minutes now.

Edit: I just tried logging in using mobile data instead of Wifi, and it seems to have worked. What can I do if the problem is my Wifi?

Thanks for your help,

Ciara 

Hey @Ciridiri,

Thanks for the reply.

First of all, try restarting the router.

If that doesn't make a difference, check if there is any firewall/ security restriction enabled an allow Spotify through that.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts