Plan

Free/

Country

Device

( Samsung Galaxy 10)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that for some people, their attempted opening of artists or playlists are met with black screens and freezing, for me on the other hand, I am able to open artist and album pages. The only is issue is I am not able to open up any artist song or album lists, where you would usually go to add a song or listen for a few seconds. This has been an issue with my android app for multiple weeks I have yet to see anyone with the same issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @Najeem06 and @robotbunny105

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

This is intended behaviour for the Free mobile app now. 

The and more option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

You can also add your +VOTE on this idea

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

I hope you'll find this info useful! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Spoiler

I have been searching for someone else with this problem. I use the free version of Spotify and have an android too and am not able to access any albums. I have been dealing with this issue for almost four weeks. I tried uninstalling the app and clearing everything but that did not work. I'm not sure what to do.

Yeah me as well! I've been trying to find someone with the same issue especially with the recent widespread iphone issue, I've been thinking that maybe there was a silent android issue too? I've tried unistalling, logging out, restarting, updating 💀 nothing has changed
Marked as solution

Hello @Najeem06 and @robotbunny105

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

This is intended behaviour for the Free mobile app now. 

The and more option when viewing an album or artist page won't be leading to a page where you can preview a list of all the tracks contained within. However, you should still be able to listen to the shuffled tracks of an album or artist.

You can also add your +VOTE on this idea

More details on how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here

I hope you'll find this info useful! 

Oh okay..that makes sense! I dont know if it's that well done though, they should at least notify free spotify listeners, and now we are unable to simply add a song to a list, we now have to skip songs on shuffle just to find it, which is hard already due to limited skips. I hope they change it back, but thanks for letting me know it was an intentional change!

Yes I also appreciate you updating us on this; however, I'm just so confused as to why Spotify would make this a premium feature. I always thought that the preview feature was brilliant and it was always easier to add or find new music when looking through the albums on an artist's page. Now it's just randomly turned into a premium only feature?? I generally feel I am doing my part as a free member. I go as far as to never click watch an ad to get thirty minutes of free listening because I understand that it's not that big of an inconvenience and I can just do my part by listening to it. I am for sure going to be looking in to other streaming services. I've heard great things about Pandora. I hope can one day hear the same about Spotify.

Hi @Najeem06 and @robotbunny105

Thanks for the replies!

If you have any feedback regarding this, I'd recommend leaving it in the comment on this idea. Make sure to click the +VOTE as well, if you haven't already. 

By commenting there, you'll also boost the topic, because it will be displayed at the top, so there are more chances that other users will see it and vote as well. 

If there are any updates, they'll be posted there as well by Spotify Staff or Moderators. You can subscribe to the idea thread via the three dot menu. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

Enjoy your day! 

Suggested posts