Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account was recently hacked. Trouble clearing recently played.

My account was recently hacked. Trouble clearing recently played.

My account was hacked. Several albums, playlists, etc were added. I signed out of all accounts and changed my password. I have to clear out the recently played individually from the desktop, but it didn't update on my android mobile app and I can't remove the recently played. How can I clear these out?!

2 Replies

I had a very similar problem recently. I don't think it's because my account was hacked though. Somehow my account seemed to be crossed with another users account. I had signed out of everywhere and changed my password but the other user was still showing activity on my account. We basically had a brief argument about it by creating playlists and using the playlist titles and descriptions to message one another. I urged the other user to go to spotify.com and sign out of everywhere like I did and I haven't seen any unusual activity since then. I think this is a bug that spotify needs to look into where users accounts seem to get linked up unintentionally.

Hey @scariushilariou and @ks33,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you have your Facebook profile connected to your Spotify account, it's recommended to change both your Spotify password and your Facebook password, before you log out everywhere. Also make sure to log out everywhere both on your Spotify account page, and your Facebook profile.

If you are still noticing strange activities on your Spotify account, be sure to take a look at this article we wrote where we help you to secure your account.

Alright let us know if you have further questions and we'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts