Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My downloaded music is going missing.

My downloaded music is going missing.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, running on Android 9.0 pie. When I download my Playlists so that they can be listened to offline, my app crashes and even when they successfully download, as soon as my phone is restarted, my offline Playlists are gone. This only happens when I save it to my SD card. I took my phone into a Samsung shop today and was advised to contact you guys because the Spotify app is crashing my phone. As a result of this, 2 of my micro SD cards are corrupted and unusable. When will there be a fix for Android 9.0 Pie's version of Spotify?

2 Replies

Its ongoing mate and they don't seem to be doing much, even though the issue is attention, the problem is, is spotify being aloud to show their storage on your phone and clear the cache, clear the cache inside the app and things should be okay, its just a caching problem, but for most phones this builds a storage issue, the phone will think its storing something it isnt and will not allow you to store stuff in this free space it's data somewhere else in the background, so what? Are spotify gonna buy us all new phones, no, so SPOTIFY PLEASE SORT THIS OUT ALREADY, SPEAK TO EACH PHONE DEVELOPER, COME ON!!!!

Hey @BrandonKay

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you're having these issues, but we're here to help.

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, can you confirm if you're using an SD card? Also, let us know your device's make, model, OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts