Free

Country

Nepal

Device

Redmi note 8 and redmi note 7 pro

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I'm an artist and I have been distributing my music with distrokid for years now. It was always fine but my new single has its sound altered, kinda sounds phasy and choppy or cut and boosted on high end or something. This problem is only on the Spotify app tho, while playing the song from laptop Spotify it sounds normal but when I play it from the app, the sounds are different. The screenshot of my song is below, I'm an independent artist and I don't know whom to contact so I'm here posting about it, help will be really appreciated

Screenshot_2021-05-20-21-20-48-055_com.spotify.music.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @sunnyshizuken,

Thanks for reaching out.

We tested this at our end and couldn't replicate any sound distortion. Just make sure that we're on the same page - this distortion happens only when listening on the app on your smartphones, right? You mention that it doesn't happen on the laptop - did you use the app or our web player there?

In any case, it's a good idea to clean reinstall Spotify on the devices where this occurs. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts