Free

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Lg aristo 2

Operating System

Android oreo

My Question or Issue

So one day at school i all of a sudden had unlimited skips, despite the fact that i don't have spotify premium and i have never had spotify premium. Then my playlist was no longer on shuffle. The shuffle symbol under the name dissapeared and the shuffle button did too. Then i switched playlists from that one, but this just made the playlist that i listened to next losethe shuffel option as well. The only the shuffle works is if i turn off my data then open the app and play the playlist. Then i turn on my data, or if i dont let the home screen open and go straight to playlists and start a playlist. This sometimes still doesn't work though. Please find a solution to this I've been dealing with this for a few months now.

My username is adriansalgado2002

Screenshot_2019-01-20-15-46-50.png
4 Replies

Hey,

welcome to the Spotify Community! I'm happy to assist you!

Hmm, that sounds very strange. May ask if you started a free trial recently? Could you please check for trials or subscriptions on your account page at Spotify.com? May I suggest to make sure you are logged into the correct account?

Sorry for that! Enjoy listening 🙂

I had tried to join a free trial for spotify premium with a gift card but it didnt have sufficient funds; so i didn't get the free trial. Also i checked on the spotify website and it says that im not on the free trial or on any type of subscription. I also made sure that I am on the correct account.

So I deleted those other playlists that didn't have the shuffle feature, and I made new ones. Today the new playlists got put into the heavy rotation section. What I noticed was that only the ones in heavy rotation lost the shuffle feature. So I'm wondering if it has something to do with the heavy rotation feature.

Hey,

thanks for reaching back to me.

Please note some playlists created by Spotify can be played without shuffle even by free users. They are marked with a symbol. See this article for more information: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/5-tips-for-free-tier-users-of-spotify/

Please let me know when you need any further assistance 🙂

Suggested posts