Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify doesn't show the storage options

My spotify doesn't show the storage options

Device: BQ Aquaris M4.5

Android version: 5.1

I have tried everything and every guide I found here and in other places but still can't get my Spotify to store the downloaded songs into the SD card. 

The SD card works perfectly, have all kind of other files on it. The camera stores there no problem, mp3 music stores there no problem.

There should be an option now in Spotify where it allows you to choose where you want to store it, but for my phone those options just don't appear.

I have tried all kind of clean reinstallations over and over, tried formatting the SD card, also saw some guides talking about certain folder on Android/Data but it doesn't show neither thru windows or thru File manager apps (seems like the downloaded files go in a hidden folder now?). Also read some guides say that the SD card needs to have more free space for the app to store it there, but it does have more free space (14gb) than the internal memory (9gb). Have also tried with a different SD card with the same results.

So as it stands, If I choose to download my playlists it pretty much renders my phone useless as the internal storage gets filled quickly, is there any way to fix this? or any way for the app to show the storage options?

Thanks

9 Replies

I have the same problem after I updated the spotify application yesterday. On the previous version I could save/dowload music to sdcard, cause there were option to choose internal and sd card storage

Same problem here

So in settings i cant find the option "Storage". And its impossible to save my offline musics in the external sd card.

I already tried to unnistall doing all the things that are recommended, like clear data and all of that. My sd card is recognize by my phone(i saw somewhere that the option storage only appear if your card is there).

I tried with a different sd card and it was the same.

Someone know how to solve this?

A bit more information please:

• Android version
  • Spotify version
  • Phone make and model
  • Screen capture of the android settings storage page would be really helpful

Android 5.0
Spotify 6.1.0.1088
Bq E4.5

Im almost sure the problem is the card tho
Screenshot_2016-09-17-01-29-28.png
Screenshot_2016-09-17-01-29-54.png
Screenshot_2016-09-17-01-29-50.png

Some devices such as the CAT B15Q running kitkat seem to have issues creating the necessary folders on the SD Card, if after the above you still don't have your cache going to the SD Card try the below steps:

Stop Spotify (Settings -> Apps -> Spotify)
Manually create /storage/sdcard1/Android/data
Copy 'com.spotify.music' and all subdirectories from internal storage to '/storage/sdcard1/Android/data'
Open Settings -> Apps -> Spotify then tap 'Clear Data'
Restart Spotify and log back in again
Set Download quality to 'Extreme'
Try downloading a large playlist

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

FYI I've merged these 2 topics together as they are both relating to the same issue. I suspect it is the way the device is registering the sd card to the Android system... But try my suggestion of the manual folder creation and we'll take it from there.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

That worked for me!!! I dont know why but the file .com.spotify is still being crated in the internal memory but the songs are now saved in external sd card.
After i done that when i opened spotify, it started to download again all my offline musics. But now i already have the storage option. Thank you ao much!!!!

Thank you so much, this worked for me too 😊😊
When i went to set the download quality to extreme the storage option was there and already set to SD card.

Thank you again 🙏🙏

Suggested posts