Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

NEW operating system STILL cannot get me online!?

NEW operating system STILL cannot get me online!?

Oh dear.

After seeing all the great claims about the new operating system, I had high hopes that this one would actually work.

So I log on to the PC, upgrade to premium, fire up the Samsung Galaxy S (over wi-fi) and download the new operating system.

All looks good as all my offline playlists appear, it even accepted an added track (to existing offline playlist) then OUT OF NOWHERE, it goes offline. And stays offline.

I have uninstalled / re-installed several times but now just goes straight to offline AND three of the four offline playlists have disappeared.

How can this be released and STILL NOT WORK?

Dont you test this stuff?

Good job I didnt cancel my Sony Music Unlimited subscription!

5 Replies

@thekanesat42 wrote:

Oh dear.

After seeing all the great claims about the new operating system, I had high hopes that this one would actually work.

So I log on to the PC, upgrade to premium, fire up the Samsung Galaxy S (over wi-fi) and download the new operating system.

All looks good as all my offline playlists appear, it even accepted an added track (to existing offline playlist) then OUT OF NOWHERE, it goes offline. And stays offline.

I have uninstalled / re-installed several times but now just goes straight to offline AND three of the four offline playlists have disappeared.

How can this be released and STILL NOT WORK?

Dont you test this stuff?

Good job I didnt cancel my Sony Music Unlimited subscription!

Do you mean app version? An operating system is a completely different thing.

Have you tried using it over 3G, also try a complete uninstall and reinstall - uninstall the app then install it again from the market.

OP say an uninstall/reinstall was tried.

@ thekanesat42 - try wiping the app cache/data from android system settings, uninstalling, restarting the phone then reinstalling. Restarting your phone between the install and launching the app also helped me

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

You are correct, I do mean the new app.

I can only go online over wi-fi because my Samsung Galaxy is not the phone version.

The uninstall / re-install I refer to is via the market.

Thanks for replying anyway.

Ah, that makes sense. Spotify released a new update on Monday that fixes the offline issue for wifi only devices for the majority of people.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Tried all that and still the same results.

It comes up with the "downloaded" playlists that are incomplete (from 0% on one to 97% on another) and the music symbol just says "loading......"

As soon as I touch anything the "spotify is offline" bar appears at the bottom of the screen.

I have full wi-fi connectivity

Help!

Suggested posts