Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Google Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Up until this evening I had access to the new features in the android spotify app, like swipe to queue or pulling down in liked songs to access the search bar.

This evening, those features are gone, there is no swipe to queue and I can again only access the search bar in liked songs by tapping the three buttons in the top right corner. I did nothing noteworthy to my phone or the spotify app.

The search function in liked songs has become broke altogether. Just like before the new features were introduced, when I tap on "Find in Liked Songs" to access the search bar, the keyboard fails to appear on screen, I have to tap the search bar to get the keyboard. When there are multiple search results and I start to play a song, unlike before, once the song ends, not the next song from the search result plays, but the song that comes after the song in overall "Liked Songs". Furthermore, I cannot quit the search with the andoid back gesture as I could before, I have to use the small arrow on the top left. This is not the way it should be, and was before.

Am I part of some weird A/B testing to see how frustrated you can get users by first improving the situation, then taking away new features and making them even worse?

I tried logging out and back in again, clearing the cache, clearing the app data, reinstalling app, rebooting my phone and many combinations of what I just said.

I hope this is just some trivial solutions since I just want the app back that I still had this afternoon.

1 Reply

Hey @gegorg,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the troubleshooting steps already tried.

The described features should be available to you on Android if you're using a Premium account. If at the moment you are using a Premium account, we'd need you to perform a clean reinstall as described here, to make sure you have a fresh installation of the app.

If that doesn't bring those features back, could you try with another Premium account on your device?

Keep us posted,

Cheers.

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts