Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New phone/lost premium

New phone/lost premium

Hi. Got a new phone (same number) spotify premium service didn't migrate to new phone.

Paying for the service for 3 months without enjoying the benifits of premium. No fun..

Tried to contact spotify. Seems impossible to this technically disadvantaged dude. 

Any thoughts?

4 Replies

Switching to a new account should have no impact on your premium, so long as when you installed the app on the new phone you made sure to log in using the same log in details as before. If you created a new account on accident you'll want to log out of it, and sign back in with the premium account. If you forgot the password to the previous account you'll want to go here and reset your password.

If you are using the same account, then I would suggest taking a look at this thread and trying the suggestions listed there. I don't believe that's what is wrong, since you've already had premium for a while, but it never hurts to try. 

If all that fails, you'll want to go ahead and contact support regarding your issue. Note that if you get an automated message from them you are going to want to make sure you reply to it, even if it came from a no-reply address. Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Ich bin der Inhaber des Abos und habe ein neues Handy vorauf ich Spotify anmelde.

Seit dem komm ich nicht mehr auf mein Profil, ich werde automatisch mit dem zweiten Konto angemeldet. Ich kann auf mein eigenes nicht zugreifen und auch nirgends wechseln. Bitte um Hilfe

I have a family plan and I got a new phone and premium didn’t switch over. I’ve signed out and back in, it won’t sync. I still have premium on my tv but not my phone 

Hi there @31l2mk766e2cyq6ibubr,

Thanks for the post.

Most likely you're logged in two different accounts on your TV and your phone. This can sometimes happen if you've used Facebook to log in originally or if you're entering an email address with a wrong domain like user@gmail.com and user@yahoo.com.

I'd suggest logging in your account page on a PC to check which email address + username your Premium account is associated with and logging into that one on the phone as well.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts