Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CONSTANT pitch change during bluetooth playback. Grrrrr

CONSTANT pitch change during bluetooth playback. Grrrrr

The last 2 weeks the spotify app on my Samsung A52s is constantly pitching up and down when playing over bluetooth. It's absolutely unusable.

It doesn't happen with any other app that plays audio so it's really spotify-specific. It's really horrible. Like a broken tape deck that keeps slowing down and speeding up.

Is there any way to fix this or do I just have to move to another service? I don't even see any way to contact support directly 😞

I've already tried clearing data and also completely reinstalling the app. I added the permission that it requests for viewing bluetooth devices on Android 12. But nothing helps.

3 Replies

Hey @GekkePrutser

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Chat board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

Just to confirm, is this only happening while you're listening via Bluetooth or when you're streaming directly on your phone as well? Also, does it only happen with a specific Bluetooth device or with multiple ones?

On another note, would you mind checking if the issue persists while using a different internet connection?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

So, with bluetooth devices: I've tried two. It happens with both, sadly.
They are both Xiaomi Airdots but of different generations.

Directly on the phone I have not tried, there is not much point playing to
its tinny speaker. I'll give it a try but the problem is it doesn't happen
all the time and the speaker of my phone is so bad that might be hard to
hear it happening.

And yes it happens both on wifi and 5G.

Hey @GekkePrutser,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We got it that device's speaker is not as good as external speakers that but testing if the issue persist while streaming directly would help us identify what's causing this. 

It is also worth trying to reproduce the issue with a different account and share the results with us.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts