Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Samsung S20

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

In the past, in Library -> Albums section, when sorting "from newest" the albums on top would be the last added (liked) in the past. Now it seems that albums I listened to most recently would be on top (even if added years ago). Is it meant to be that way? It is quiteunconvinient.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can't believe this really happened, but I can sort by date added again. Thanks, kind people of Spotify! 

View solution in original post

49 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22+ Ultra

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

As of today, 8/29/22, the only 'Sort By' options available in my Library are:

- Recents

- Alphabetical

- Creator

"Recents" includes all recently added albums, AS WELL AS, all recently played albums. The "Recently Added," showing only recently added albums (as the name implies), sorting option is now missing. Please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Thank you.

image0.jpg

Hi there @Viraemia,

Thank you for your post in the Community. This seems odd. We double-checked from our end and we have that option. Let's take a closer look into this 🙂

To start with, can you you remove all potential corrupt cache files by following the steps in this article under Clean reinstall

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello Jeremy! I've performed a clean install per your suggestion, but the issue still persists - I only have the 3 sort options as in my original post. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what I could try next. Thank you!

Hey @Viraemia,

Does the account behave the same way when viewed from a different mobile device?
Would there be any way for you to check that?
It would help us identify if this is account-related or not 🙂
Thanks in advance!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there @1185804944,

Thanks for the post.

Currently on Android, you can sort your Albums by Recently Added/ Recently Played/ Alphabetical or by Creator.

You can change the sorting to Recently Added in order to get the most recently liked albums on the top of the list.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator

I have exactly the same issue on my Samsung galaxy s9 since roughly a week ago. Re-installation of spotify did nothing unfortunately. But "recently added" is choseable via the same spotify account on an iPhone, so the problem is not account specific (for me at least).

This as gone now though.. See screenshot 

Screenshot_20220905-203903_Spotify.jpg

As @pigtank said. It looks the same on my app. My Spotify is in polish but i can confirm  "recently added" is missing as well and that is a bummer

Screenshot_20220905-214557_Spotify.jpg

Same issue here. Don't have the option on android s21 but it's there on my ipad and Google tv 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

Would you mind logging out and then logging back in to your account twice in a row? This will trigger a sync between your device and account. 

On another note, could you check if the same happens using different devices?

Lastly, we'd like to know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices (if you haven't sent this info already).

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

I did as instructed - logged out/in twice - it did not work. I also uninstslled/reinstalled the app and repeated the procedure. Did not help. 

Unfortunately i have no way to check on my pc, but I just checked on my girlfriends phone (exactly same model - Samsung S20, logged on spotify into her account) and can confirm that she has all the album sorting options available.

Logging out twice did not work. 

On my ipad I can sort by recently added no problem 

Samsung s21 ultra 

Android 12

Spotify version 8.7.62.398

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread and for the info shared 🙂

In this case, if possible, can you check if the inconvenience persists on another Android mobile device? It'd be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

On another note, we suggest you log out and log in twice in a row onto your Spotify account. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

Lastly, can you share with us the exact Spotify version you have installed on the affected devices?

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

Logging out twice did not work. 

On my ipad I can sort by recently added no problem 

Samsung s21 ultra 

Android 12

Spotify version 8.7.62.398

Unfortunately I don't have any convient way to test my account on a different android device and logging out did nothing to solve to problem for me.

Device and android/spotify version:

Samsung Galaxy s9

Spotify version: 8.7.64.478

Android version 10

I have a Fold 3 and this is super annoying. No fix???

Hi folks,

Jumping in to shed some light on the matter.

Looks like you're part of an ongoing test we're running as we experiment with different features in an attempt to improve the user experience.

It was common for Recently Played and Recently Added to overlap with one another, so often the need for two separate sorting options isn't necessary. Recents should combine both Recently Played and Recently Added into one. Sorting by Recents should display the latest content you interacted with (be it saved to Your Library or just played) on top.

Your feedback is valuable to us so do keep on sharing it here! Let us know what you think of this change and how you think it can be improved. We'll forward your inputs to the right folks so they can be taken into account.

Thanks and cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Why remove recently added? Doesn't make sense.

It's how I use Spotify. Sort albums by recently added.

Just keep both options

For me personally this change makes spotify more or less useless. My music consumption is focused on album releases and the "recently added" sorting has always been the way I have used my library. 

Suggested posts