Local files

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung a53 5G

My Question or Issue

Hi guys, i had my playlists with music downloaded on my phone, today i updated the app and spotify says that it can't reproduce this content now

3 Replies

Hey @Sabbia,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sharing with is the OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you have running there?

On another note, just to confirm, did you try reinstalling the app to see if you notice any difference? If you haven't yet, you can perform a clean reinstall of the app. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

Lastly, keep in mind Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. It doesn’t support .mp4 files that contain video, or the iTunes lossless format (M4A). So, we'd suggest you make sure you local files have a supported format.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, now i can't open spotify, when i click on the app it crashes, i did what you said too

Hey @Sabbia

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind letting us know if you're using an SD card? If so, we suggest that you remove it > restart your phone > reinstall the app again and see if it works. 

If the issue persists, could you try disabling any cache-clearing or task-killing app to check if that does the trick?

Lastly, we'd recommend checking if the OS of your phone is up to date.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts