Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to delete an old spotify account that has no longer been connected to Facebook

Help! I can't delete my old spotify account. I made it through facebook but it's no longer connected on my Facebook and I don't remember the password nor the email. I want to delete my old spotify and idk how

• Visitor
  • Help! I can't delete my old spotify account. I made it through facebook but it's no longer connected on my Facebook and I don't remember the password nor the email. I want to delete my old spotify an...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs won't play in order

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung JV3 Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueLiked songs are sorted by artist but don't generally play in order. Will skip around within an artist but won't play every song. No version updates are indicated as be...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung JV3   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Liked songs are sorted by artist but don't generally play in order.  Will skip ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Name and image profile of my profile and others people does not show up

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceRedmi 10x 5g (china rom)Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMine and others name and profile picture does not show up when i try to view it. Happened all of a sudden. Some time ago this was not happening. This pro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device Redmi 10x 5g (china rom) Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Mine and others name and profile picture does not show up when i try to view ...
  • Qw110
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Image's profile
    name's profile
    Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant not working with spotify 2021

There are many posts about problems between Google Assistant and spotify but they are usually from 2018 so the software was completely different back then. The problem however is the same. Suddenly after days of happy "spotify on google assistant" th...

• Visitor
  • There are many posts about problems between Google Assistant and spotify but they are usually from 2018 so the software was completely different back then.    The problem however is ...
  • ReckerAGR
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Google Assistant
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs and playlists have stopped playing, but Spotify thinks they are playing still

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceMotorola Moto E6Operating SystemWindows 9 My Question or IssueFor the last ~4 days, my phone hasn't been playing songs or podcasts. The Spotify app is still working on my laptop, just not on my phone. When I shuffle a playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Motorola Moto E6 Operating System Windows 9   My Question or Issue For the last ~4 days, my phone hasn't been playing songs or podcasts. The Spotify app ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts will not play

PremiumCountry USA DeviceSamsung Galaxy s21+Operating System My Question or IssueI just got a new phone S21+, switching to Verizon. The first time using, connected my headphones and my Playlists which have podcasts will not play. I cannot play any in...

•   Premium Country USA   Device Samsung Galaxy s21+ Operating System     My Question or Issue I just got a new phone S21+, switching to Verizon. The first time using, con...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcast Galaxy s21
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast Not Showing up in Search

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8, OnePlus 9, Macbook Pro 2019) My Question or IssueI can find the podcast (The Art Angle) on my Free Account but I am unable to find the podcast when logged on using my Premium Account. Both on web-player and on App...

•   Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8, OnePlus 9, Macbook Pro 2019)   My Question or Issue I can find the podcast (The Art Angle) on my Free Account but I am unable to find th...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Your Library] Local Files on MicroSD card not shown

I have one phone where all music files are stored on the device, and one where all are stored on a MicroSD. At the time of this writing, the phone with the MicroSD card does not seem to be aware that local files exist on the device. This needs to be ...

• Music Fan
  • I have one phone where all music files are stored on the device, and one where all are stored on a MicroSD. At the time of this writing, the phone with the MicroSD card does not seem to be aware that...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No Add to Queue button on searched songs

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueThere is no "Add to queue" button on songs from search result. But available on songs from playlist and album only.See, no way to add a song to queue. Ava...

Screenshot_2021-12-06-23-28-25-104_com.spotify.music.jpg Screenshot_2021-12-06-23-50-40-104_com.spotify.music.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue There is no "Add to queue" button on songs from search result. But available o...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Radio] The new radio is quite annoying

Greetings, I have noticed that the radio has been updated recently and I don't like it that much.Here's a list of the problems with it:1. It doesn't show the lyrics, which is the most important issue, considering it may be a song that I hear for the ...

• Greetings, I have noticed that the radio has been updated recently and I don't like it that much. Here's a list of the problems with it: 1. It doesn't show the lyrics, which is the most important i...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Title/Artist/Álbum not updated in car bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceXiaomi A3 Operating SystemAndroid one My Question or IssueThe title/artist/álbum does not change in the car screen. The first song that sounds still fixed. It was running well until the last update. My car is a Toyota Aur...

• Plan Premium Country Spain Device Xiaomi A3   Operating System Android one   My Question or Issue The title/artist/álbum does not change in the car screen. The first song that so...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bluetooth
    Car
    Mobile
    Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Clickable timestamps in podcast description

Many podcasts on Android have timestamped sections in the description.Only timestamps of the format (hh:mm:ss) with brackets are clickable [Doc] However, many podcasts use the same description from youtube which supports timestamps without brackets:h...

• Casual Listener
  • Many podcasts on Android have timestamped sections in the description. Only timestamps of the format (hh:mm:ss) with brackets are clickable [Doc]    However, many podcasts use the same d...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App not working

Hello everyone,My app stopped working yesterday - I tried to check if it needed any updates but nope.Therefore I uninstalled it and installed it again but same issue.I read that it can be related to the amount of data I have, since I got the same acc...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, My app stopped working yesterday - I tried to check if it needed any updates but nope. Therefore I uninstalled it and installed it again but same issue. I read that it can be relat...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Search] Unable to play music from artist profile

I have Spotify premium, when I search for artist profile and clic on it, whole app shutdown. Writ an error massage and I must start app again. If I play songs from separate play list it works but, I'm not able to look at artist profile.Spotify premiu...

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify premium, when I search for artist profile and clic on it, whole app shutdown. Writ an error massage and I must start app again. If I play songs from separate play list it works but, I'...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Car view??? GONE WHY!!!!!!

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevice(Samsung Galaxy A80)Operating System(Android 11) Car view gone, why??? You want me to drive of the road? I just want to change the song when im in the car.....

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device (Samsung Galaxy A80) Operating System (Android 11)   Car view gone, why??? You want me to drive of the road? I just want to change the song when im in...
  • Covenmouse
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrapped 2021 looks warped

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceSony Xperia 5 IIOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueIf Wrapped designer looks at this screenshot they will say "bruh". I already did. Yes, that's 21:9 aspect ratio + language with higher average word length th...

Screenshot_20211203-001731.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Sony Xperia 5 II Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue If Wrapped designer looks at this screenshot they will say "bruh". I already did....
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UX
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blank home screen when opening the app

Plan FreeFree/PremiumCountry India Device One plus 6(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System Android(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue - When I launch the app, it shows a blank home screen. I'm abl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Free/Premium Country India   Device One plus 6 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Android (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Auto missing For You section in Browse category

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 6 ProOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI am switching back to Android from IOS. When I am using Android Auto and click browse, I do not see Made for You section like carplay has. This was very convenient ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 6 Pro Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I am switching back to Android from IOS. When I am using Android Auto and click b...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android watch - turn shuffle off

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceGalaxy Watch 4Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHow do I toggle shuffle play mod off on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4? It appears to be on by default. Thanks

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Galaxy Watch 4 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue How do I toggle shuffle play mod off on my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4? It appears to be...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    shuffle
    watch 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sudden 6GB download on Cellular Data by Android Spotify App

I have a Android Samsung Galaxy phone. Download using Cellular setting is off. Yet on 1st December, Spotify downloaded 5.82GB on my cellular data connection without warning, as Foreground data. Since I can only restrict Background data, I could not h...

• I have a Android Samsung Galaxy phone. Download using Cellular setting is off. Yet on 1st December, Spotify downloaded 5.82GB on my cellular data connection without warning, as Foreground data. Since...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes