NEXT STEP

Music keeps passing and unpausing repeatedly

Music keeps passing and unpausing repeatedly

Plan

Premium

Country

Kenya

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, Android TV, Windows Desktop)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android.)

Whenever I'm listening yo music, especially on Android TV, and sometimes on my phone, the music will repeatedly pause and unpause. It's so annoying. I've tried to put my phone on offline mode to rule out Internet connection. It's not that. When it keeps pausing on me TV, I checked my router's interface, the bandwidth is not even close to being maxed out. It keeps repeating this behaviour despite resetting my entire TV. It's especially creepy when it happens at night =/

Please help. Thanks 😃

3 Replies

Hey @PocketWatch96 

Yeah I'd be freaked out too by that at night.
There's a number of things that could cause repeated pause-playback, I would suggest trying out the following:

1. go to your Spotify account page and click on "Sign Out Everywhere". Then, you can sign back on in devices you use Spotify in.

2. Again, go to you Spotify account page, but this time go to Apps. Revoke access for anything you don't recognise or use.

I would also suggest reinstalling the app, at least on the phone, to see if that clears anything out.

Let's see how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, I tried it, but it didn't work. =(

Hey @PocketWatch96,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

In this case, we'd like you to try by reinstalling the app on your TV. To do it, delete the Spotify app, restart the device, and then reinstall it onto your TV.

If the above doesn't do the trick, can you open a different account on your TV and cellphone to see if this behavior persists? This'll help us isolate your inconvenience.

Lastly, just to confirm, is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? If possible, you can create a hotspot with a cellphone. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts