Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto play Spotify when headset connected....

Auto play Spotify when headset connected....

Can you add a feature where if a headset is connected Spotify autoplays. And allow us to choose which playlist we want to autoplay as I have many.

This would be especially useful in my car. As when I connect it to my car stereo it will save me fumbling around on my phone getting spotify to play my chosen playlist.
21 Replies

Have you checked to see if that Idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

Also I wonder if this app may be of use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

It says I don't have 'privileges' to view ideas section. And that app is for bluetooth headsets not wired connection.

But thanks...

Sorry missed that part,
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/headphone-connect-app-automatically-stuff-plug-headphones/

As for privileges to view ideas, try logging out of the community then back in again

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks ....but this just opens spotify if i plug headset in.

I have a lock screen and this doesn't bypass it. I'm looking for something that automatically plays music from Spotify if i plug a headset in. Even if the screen is locked.

That'd require root I suspect. If you're rooted you could do this with Tasker

Android Troubleshooting:

Poweramp had this as standard.

I've left them to come to Spotify. I think this should have native support. And allow us to choose which playlist we want to automatically be played. I'm sure people who use spotify in the car will love this feature.

Am i the only user who thinks this will be benificial? ?

Possibly not. Are you able to access the ideas board now? Might be worth suggesting it and seeing if it gains kudos as this is the best place for suggestions as they all get reviewed whereas these help boards are not monitored for feature requests, rather than just plain boring support.

Android Troubleshooting:

No I'm still not able to view the ideas.

Is this something I need to unlock? Minimum number of posts or something? I'm on android phone and can't seem to find this out

Ah, try scrolling to the bottom of the spotify board on your browser and select 'full' instead of mobile. The Ideas section isn't quite mobile optimized yet

Android Troubleshooting:

Oh...thanks.  i didn't  realise. ..

Btw, does anyone  know of a guide for getting  tasker to auto play any spotify  playlist  i want?

...and does  tasker  definitely  require phone  to be rooted?

Tasker doesn't require root, but some of the functionality it needs does.. but that depends on what you want to happen.

A quick guide on the internet brings up this guide thread on reddit whih may be of interest: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/31wnxk/tasker_spotify_automation/

It uses Tasker and AutoInput (which is a tasker Plugin) to detect the headset insertion then autoInput emulates key presses to start a playlist.

Android Troubleshooting:

Having a quick read it says this only works if screen is unlocked. Which defeats the purpose for me.

But thanks

Unfortunately Google locked down screen wake ups to only be done by the system (or apps with system access such as those preloaded on the rom) this was since jellybean I think. Only way round this is to root the device in afraid or use a system based app to enable the screen.

What phone are you on? Does it have a car mode which could be enabled when connected to your car bluetooth for example to trigger the screen to wake up?

Android Troubleshooting:

I have a note 4.

After a quick search on my phone i can't see a car mode ....:(

Do you plug it in to a car charger at all? You could enable the developer option (app drawer, settings, about, software information then tap on 'build no' 7 times. Back out of the about screen and at the bottom of songs you now have developer options). On here is a setting to keep screen awake while on charge.. Then you could plug your phone into the car charger, wait a second then plug the aux cable in which would trigger the Tasker task... And as the screen is awake it will run.

Android Troubleshooting:

I very very rarely use car charger. ...and the fact i would need to find charger, plug it in then plug my phone into car stereo would be too much....as i might as well unlock phone and press play from Spotify app haha.

I'm determined to find a better way

Workout root you won't get the screen on otherwise. But let me know if you do find anything

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi everyone,

i created an android app to start play spotify on headset/bluetooth device connect. Its currently in Alpa - for free. Anyone testing it would be appreciated -> https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.dasanderl.spotifyautoplay

A feature where you might pass in the playlist which should be played could be added as well, right now the app just resumes where spotify last played.

An option to select a specific playlist doesnt exist yet but maybe implemented.

Bye, Andi

Hi everyone,

i created an android app to start play spotify on headset/bluetooth device connect. Its currently in Alpa - for free. Anyone testing it would be appreciated ->https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.dasanderl.spotifyautoplay

A feature where you might pass in the playlist which should be played could be added as well, right now the app just resumes where spotify last played.

Bye, Andi

Suggested posts