Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify it's not working in background

Spotify it's not working in background

Plan

Free

Country

Poland

Device

Samsung Galaxy A8

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

When I start playing music and then I leave app, the music plays for only few minutes. Somehow it stops playing even when it's in the middle of the song. Moreover sometimes when I'm opening spotify app on the screen appears information 'spotify is not working in the background' and I can't change it in settings.

4 Replies

Hi @malgsujd28,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just so you know, the reason because of which Spotify stops playing when the screen is locked is because Spotify is restricted to play in the background. To enable this, check out the instructions for your specific device here.

If it doesn't help, let us know your Spotify version.

Let us know if that helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I am having the same problem and can't fix it. I tried the link, but it didn't work. Any help?

Did you ever figure this out because my Spotify that I listen to daily in the car stopped playing and it give a message saying to Spotify can’t play while it’s backgrounder. wth?? I’ve tried everything. 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

In order for us to prepare a solution, we'd need the brand/model and operating system of your device as the settings to enable Spotify to run in the background are device specific and are accessible through the device settings.

You can also refer to the link from @Petya as this represents a nice collection of steps for Android devices.

If you have an iPhone, check out this page

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts