Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update has stopped spotify working properly in my car

New update has stopped spotify working properly in my car

Hi !

i have the Samsung Galaxy note 2 and recently, both the software on the phone and spotify updated on more or less the same day! 

Before either of these updates, I could use spotify through my cars bluetooth easily! 

Since the update a few things have changed, the song playing now does show up on the display panel in my car which it didn't do before BUT no matter what i do to the app itself, close it down, keep it open etc, it just wont let me change the song through the controls in my car. 

I know this isn't a massive issue but i can't change the song without looking at my phone, obviously not safe whilst i'm driving! 

Is there something on the settings or on my phone i can change to fix this? 

Thanks 

2 Replies

Mine just skips. If I press pause and let the song buffer (which I have never had to do) it will play about 30 seconds of the song and start skipping again. This is obviously not on WiFi, but I have never had this problem until this new update. If this issue persists, there is not really any reason why I should have Premium.

Please Help!!!

@tastebuds1 wrote:

Mine just skips. If I press pause and let the song buffer (which I have never had to do) it will play about 30 seconds of the song and start skipping again. This is obviously not on WiFi, but I have never had this problem until this new update. If this issue persists, there is not really any reason why I should have Premium.

Please Help!!!

Can you give some details about your device? Android Version?  Spotify App version?

Are you on Lollipop? Have you tried disabling nuplayer? Have you tried a clean install?

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts