Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Newest Mobile Update

Newest Mobile Update

Checking out the latest update on the Spotify mobile app on my phone, and I gotta say... I hate it.  You took the page that I use the most frequently (saved albums) and relegated it to a hidden area that took me about 5-10 min. to find.  Instead of just tapping library, then albums, I now have to go through whatever you call the new tab with a stylized human silhouette, Favorites, scroll down, and finally Albums.  I realize that this not terribly time consuming, but it is definitely worse than before, and I hope you change it ASAP. 

9 Replies

What I hate the most is there seems to be no way to go offline. The app seems dependant on sometimes very sucky 4g connections. So please help me go offline!!!

Go to the little person icon, press it.  Then press the gear icon (Settings).  It should be at the top of that tab.

OK it worked now but the app still responds extremely slowly. So I guess the problem is elsewhere.

I'm very disappointed too. I used mainly saved artists listing and it seems Spotify doesn't have that at all anymore. Thanks a lot, there goes all my saved music. Well, I guess I can still find the albums, but it will be more difficult to find the songs I want to listen. I really hate how this new version looks, too. This totally ruined my evening.

Are they pushing out another new UI guys? Any chance of some screen captures as it doesn't seem they're pushing it out to everyone yet. I still have the home/browse/search/radio/your music buttons at the bottom.

This update is terrible. The most basic (and important feature) of the app, listening to your library sorted by artist or song, is now gone! I hope they change it back soon.

The update is terrible first and foremost because it doesn't work. I don't care about library as I only listen using playlists. But when detecting my playlists takes several minutes. Not just once but every time. The new app is useless. Please is there a way to replace it with the old one that worked?

Hopefully, this new UI is just another A/B test so I suggest you ask to be switched back to the older UI using the contact form. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

I totally agree!!

Suggested posts