Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Internet Connection Available on 4G - every other app works.

Solved!

No Internet Connection Available on 4G - every other app works.

I'm a spotify premium member, I have had this problem for several days and I need some help with it.  I am using an Xperia XZ1 Compact that is running Android.

Spotify is giving me a 'No internet connection available" message and will not play songs and be use search when it is connected to 4G data, it does however, completely work on wifi.

However, every other app on my phone works perfectly on data, this is the ONLY app that doesn't work.  

Here's everything that I have done that resulted in no success:

1.  Updated Spotify.
2.  Cleared Cache.
3.  Cleared Data.
4.  Reset Network settings.
5.  Multiple restarts of device.
6.  Toggling Airplane mode on and off.
7.  Ensured both Data Saver and Offline mode is off on the Spotify settings.

Please let me know if there's some other solution to this. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!

Our best tech folks are aware of this and have made some changes backstage that should help. Could you try restarting your device one more time? That should do the trick.

Keep us posted on this.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Same problem here

Same problem with me and on iPhone! Also if I log out and login I can’t login unless on wifi

ive noticed albums will play on mobile data but none of my ‘made for you’ playlists work! I’m on premium family. This is not good! 

All tracks are greyed out and I just get that ‘connecting’ message. This is for playlists only and only when on mobile data. Really annoying just started happening today. Have done all the usual steps - clearing cache, deleting app, restarting phone etc

D77B9C0A-2548-45A8-9432-75B22CA0C615.png

9859D644-0141-407B-ADD6-5307CF02A5F4.png

Yep same issue here. 

In the past couple of days this has started happening to me. Here are my details

• The Spotify version that is running on your device: 8.6.84.1353
  • Device + OS version: iPhone X iOS version 15.0.2
  • Your Network provider: Telstra
  • If the issue persists when you're using WiFi: Completely fine using WiFi

Extremely frustrating! Songs are dimmed/greyed out and I cannot choose songs but if I click the play button at the top of the playlist it starts playing songs from the playlist?? 

IMG-0007.PNG

The behaviors are all very much the same kind of problems I've been having.  Has it just started from a few days ago?  Because that's when problems started happening on my end.

It's astonishing to see it cross platforms between Android and iOS too.

Yes! I noticed it happening yesterday when I went for a drive. I have tried a clean install of the app, resetting iPhone network setting, restarting iPhone, toggling data saver mode, changing from 4G to 3G (worked momentarily) then back again.

this is exactly the same with me. Interestingly also located in Australia and with Telstra network

This is also happening to me.

I'm located in Australia and on the Telstra network too.

Hello,

Same problem here, since a couple of days, I couldn't make a search, saying I was offline (I was not) so I tried to uninstall/reinstall, now I can not even log in ! "you are offline, check your connection an try again".

Note that I had similar problem on my mac a few weeks ago (not completely resolved), it's starting to be annoying.

Android 10 on a Fairphone 3+ connected to 4G data

Premium Duo plan

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!

Our best tech folks are aware of this and have made some changes backstage that should help. Could you try restarting your device one more time? That should do the trick.

Keep us posted on this.

Take care!

ElenaModerator

Fixed for me!

It's working, thanks 👍

Hey folks,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

MafeGModerator

im having the same problem started about 3 days ago. no matter what i try i cant get spotify to play on 4G even when all other apps work its driving me mad

Hey there @lauraloulock

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind checking if the same happens on different devices? You can try creating a hotspot on your phone and connecting your PC or any other device to that to see if the same happens. 

On another note, we'd like to know if you're getting any error messages when you're trying to use the app while on cellular. 

Lastly, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts