No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

kartogu
Casual Listener

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

liechtym
Casual Listener

It is happening to me too with the new update. 

Spotify version:  3.1.0.1117

Phone: Android Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999)

Android version: 4.3

For those who are looking for a temporary fix while spotify irons out this bug, try pressing right above the "Browse" item in the main pullout menu. If you press in the right spot just above "Browse" and just below the Spotify bar, it will bring you to the search feature. This is because the "Search" menu item still exists, but it is hidden behind the top spotify bar. Only a couple pixels are selectable and no text shows whatsover for the search button. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey guys!

Spotify is aware of this problem and they are investigating.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Thanks for your patience.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

128 Replies

Dav801

I’m on iPhone & search has disappeared after the latest Spotify upgrade how do I get it back ? 

Joe
Community Legend

Did you notice that this forum is called "Android"? Please head over to the iOS section and post there, thanks.

Kiwikris72
Casual Listener

Sorry just adding n I’m on an iPhone 6.

Kiwikris72
Casual Listener

I have the same problem since the last update four days ago, no home or search options bar, it’s like it’s hiding behind the bottom bar showing what’s currently playing,  I am on version 8.4.25.906 in Australia.  

xeclarexcy
Casual Listener
I am using Spotify app on an android phone. I have a premium account and have been using it fine for few months. Last week the search button disappeared from the menu screen. So it does not appear above the browse button and it means there is no way to search. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application. Please can you tell me how to make it work or if it is a bug (bad one) that will be fixed in the next update. Either way it makes my Spotify almost useless and I need an answer quickly? Thanks

russk1983

This bug seems to have been fixed in updated version 3.2.0.1197 

I just had the same problem but i figured it out like in 5 min so for everyone that struggles the only thing you have to know is that theres some kind of glitch in the app and the search did not dissappear it is only covered by the 3 lines and just above the Browse line what you have to do is try and click that little space between the grey and the black. At least this worked for me.

hxcgagamonsta
Still missing the search bar on my phone....why am I paying 10 bucks when I can't even pick out music..what the hell Spotify!!!!

Spymagnet
Casual Listener

Update: I logged out of Spotify, then logged back in. Search feature was available in the menu bar initially, but it quickly disappeared again. 😞

Spymagnet
Casual Listener
Me too! Also premium user. This is a huge problem.

Yerri
Same here!

maxim_47
Music Fan

As ghostjmf mentiioned the most recent Spotify update (Version field says 3.0.0.1197) seems to resolve this.

Well done Spotify on listenting!

not_a_doctor

Search comes and goes like the wind on me. Mostly it isn't there, but it shows up sometimes. Uninstalling and reinstalling has not helped, either.

Nexus 4

Spotify 3.1.0.1117

Android 4.3

tomjoad2000

Can't believe this hasn't been fixed.

Spotify without **search function** isn't spotify!!

Xperia-V /4.3

ghostjmf
Music Fan

Well, they did an upgrade about an hour ago, my tablet told me at the time. I only allow upgrades when connected to wifi (otherwise my meager data allowance gets completely eaten) so it may have been released some time earlier.

I got search each time I looked, without having to shut down tablet & restart.  Hope this holds.

There are other things still screwed, like not always getting an album list when you search by artist, but that's minor when compared to no search at all.

paramnesiac
Casual Listener
So I got a new phone running Android 5.1 and I no longer have an issue with the Search not appearing. Based on that and this thread, I'm guessing it's an issue specifically with Android versions under 5. I saw an update was released today, but there's no mention of this bug being fixed. I'm also receiving notifications of a "solution", but it is just a poor work-around. Hopefully Spotify can get this fixed quickly, since the only real fix so far has been to upgrade to a newer phone running Android 5 or better.

JonathanMckone
It makes me feel a lil bit better knowing I'm not the only one with this problem lol

Sverka
I find it strange that this issue still not has been fixed.

AndroidWerner

Same problem - search button disappear after having expanded the "miniplayer" once. Seems to come and go randomly, but a sure way to lose it is using the miniplayer.

Spotify: 3.1.0.117

Android: 4.2.2

Make: Trekstor VT10416-2 aka "Volkspad"

Premium subscriber

Screenshot attached.

spotify.jpg

Deanofgreens
Casual Listener
I've been using Spotify for years, all of the sudden on my android phone the search bar just randomly doesn't show up, with no way of searching. If I reset my phone it shows up but will disappear within minutes. I've searched this forum butane not hard enough because I can't find anyone with the same problem.
SUGGESTED POSTS