Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Search option on Main menu

Solved!

No Search option on Main menu

Hello all!

I've just downloaded the app today by first time in my Galaxy Fame and since then I'm having problems with Search option. I know it should appear above Explore option in top left corner menu, it appears only one time after login (I did it several times) then, after searching anything, it dissappears again.

I already tried turning off and on phone, take off battery, uninstall and reinstall, checked connection, erase data and cache, and in every try Search option appears only first time y star app and then dissappears again!

I already restarted device when troubleshooting in section B.
Android version 4.1.2
Account Premium 
Space left on your device... 1.10GB 
Space left on your External SD card 2.86GB 
Is your device rooted?I
No
Did you set your external SD card as storage location? No
 Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store? No 
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?Yes
My mobile Spotify version 3.1.0.1117
My mobile provider and country: Movistar Mexico
My username: kartogu
I'm logging in with Facebook login details.

Thank you in advance 🙂
128 Replies

As ghostjmf mentiioned the most recent Spotify update (Version field says 3.0.0.1197) seems to resolve this.

Well done Spotify on listenting!

This bug seems to have been fixed in updated version 3.2.0.1197 

This is happening to me too. If i turn the phone on the search bar appears for 4 minuets then disappears.

I have been having this problem for the last few weeks and was hoping it would work itself out.

I am paying for a premium service and expect to at least have the basic functions. unless this fault is remedied in the next week I will be canceling my membership and switching to an alternate music provider

• Version of Spotify you're using. 
  • Version of Android you're using.
  • Phone make/model.
  • Samsung Galaxy S 2
  • Country your Spotify account is set to.
  • England.

Please help me, this is unacceptable.

I can't even see the Menu.  It was working fine until today, but I guess the product updated itself, and now I literally have only the lower part of the application.  The top part, with the menu items, search, minimize, maximize, etc. is simply gone.  This is on a PC that's running Windows 10, not even a phone.  I have a Premium account and would like to add a song to it.  Is there ANY way to do that right now?

Try posting in the Desktop (Linux, Windows, Web Player) section @Windchimed.

I have the same problem since the last update four days ago, no home or search options bar, it’s like it’s hiding behind the bottom bar showing what’s currently playing,  I am on version 8.4.25.906 in Australia.  

Sorry just adding n I’m on an iPhone 6.

I’m on iPhone & search has disappeared after the latest Spotify upgrade how do I get it back ? 

Did you notice that this forum is called "Android"? Please head over to the iOS section and post there, thanks.

Suggested posts