No Sound on Instagram Stories

No Sound on Instagram Stories

mmsdc

I can easily share to Instagram Stories but for some reason, the sound won't play. I've checked the sound on/off button when posting in stories and it's not the issue. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Poco F2 Pro

Operating System

Android 10, MiUI 12

5 Replies

eneratejosh
Regular
I'm having this issue too, not playing any sound at all... Any Ideas?

Device: iPhoneSE 2020
Plan: Premium

Alex

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you share a video recording of what you're experiencing so that we can have a look.

You can upload the video as an attachment or send us a link from another video streaming platform.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

eneratejosh
Regular

Hello, 

thank you for your reply!

Here is a video showing the problem:

https://vimeo.com/527540268/931d4edd88

As you can see at 00:38 seconds when I have posted the story to instagram there is no sound at all.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Josh

CarlosE

Hey @eneratejosh

Thanks for keeping in touch and for the video.

We'd like to clarify that when sharing content from Spotify to Instagram stories there isn't any sound and that's how it works. You have the option to share the Canvas of a song that has one, like the one in the video you sent, but it won't play any audio, as the story includes a direct access to the specific content you shared to be opened in the Spotify app.

You can add songs to your Instagram stories but that's an Instagram feature itself and it doesn't happen when sharing content from Spotify. If you have any questions about that feature, we suggest reaching out to Instagram.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

eneratejosh
Regular

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for clarifying! Ok haha i didn't know what I was doing wrong, but if it's not part of the feature then that makes sense! I do believe having the song play when shared from Spotify would make the feature 100% more useful as it draws people in to get the clicks though to Spotify more than canvas or cover art. Anyway I will suggest on Spotify Ideas forum anyway.

Thanks for your help though 🙂 Much appreciated!

SUGGESTED POSTS