Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No lock screen widget on Samsung galaxy s7

Solved!

No lock screen widget on Samsung galaxy s7

Hello,
I've got a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. When i play music I don't get any widget on my lock screen. All notification settings is on all that I can see. Android version 6.0.1 .
What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Muppengol! Welcome to the community!

Samsung has introduced some new power-saving features in Android Marshmellow which don't play very nicely with Spotify... But don't worry, here are some things you can try! 

• You can disable Power Saving mode by opening Settings, battery then Power Saving mode. Tap the "Restrict background data"-setting to disable it.
  • If that doens't work you can disable Power Saving mode entirely. Open Settings, tap on Battery and then on Power Saving mode and tap the switch to disable it. Then go back to battery, tap on detail and then on Spotify and make sure it's turned off.

You can read more about Spotify and Samsung devices on Android 6.x in this thread.

I hope you were able to follow these instructions. If it's still not working let me know by replying in this thread. 

Good luck and have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello.

Today when I had spotify on I figured out that if spotify is running in the background the lock screen widget is visible. But if you have the Spotify app visible when you lock the screen the lock screen widget is not working.

Thanks for all the engagement to help me figure out the answer to the problem.

Sandra

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Muppengol! Welcome to the community!

Samsung has introduced some new power-saving features in Android Marshmellow which don't play very nicely with Spotify... But don't worry, here are some things you can try! 

• You can disable Power Saving mode by opening Settings, battery then Power Saving mode. Tap the "Restrict background data"-setting to disable it.
  • If that doens't work you can disable Power Saving mode entirely. Open Settings, tap on Battery and then on Power Saving mode and tap the switch to disable it. Then go back to battery, tap on detail and then on Spotify and make sure it's turned off.

You can read more about Spotify and Samsung devices on Android 6.x in this thread.

I hope you were able to follow these instructions. If it's still not working let me know by replying in this thread. 

Good luck and have a nice day! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,
and thanks for the welcoming. 🙂

I've tried the steps you gave me and power saving mode was already turned off. I rarely use that feature. I've also tried stopping the app from the battery details screen without any results.

Is there any other sollution to the problem or do I have to patently wait for the update? 🙂

Have a nice day.

Can you just double-check the notification settings in settings/notifications/advanced for spotify? 

Hello Joe!
Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the notifications settings and the option Hide on lock screen is turned off. I'll try to send a screenshot of the notifications settings page and hope it works.

Thanks. 🙂
Screenshot_20160802-164620.png

Hiya. Sadly the settings look fine. Are you using the stock app launcher, touchwiz? I'm struggling with a solution - my S7 works fine. All I can think of is to clear the spotify cache and data from the app manager and reinstall. If that doesn't work, you can always resort to the spotify widget I guess.

Hi.
I'm using Touchwiz, don't know if that's the problem. Are you using another launcher? I just tried to reinstall the app without any success.

Thanks.
Sandra

I'm on touchwiz too so it can't be that. Clearly there's something about your set-up causing this.........you're not using some sort of headphone control app such as Jay's by any chance? That's been known to cause conflicts.

No, I'm not using any kind of headphone control apps.

Thanks
Sandra
Marked as solution

Hello.

Today when I had spotify on I figured out that if spotify is running in the background the lock screen widget is visible. But if you have the Spotify app visible when you lock the screen the lock screen widget is not working.

Thanks for all the engagement to help me figure out the answer to the problem.

Sandra

Thanks for letting me know Sandra. Now you mention it, I have seen the same thing on my S7 once or twice but it's never been consistent and relocking then unlocking the phone has usually brought the notification back. I guess this will remain one of those unsolved mysteries.

Settings -> Sound & notification -> and turn on "keep notifications on lock screen"

This is how i solved it on my Xperia Z3.
I had this issue too after the marshmallow update

This didn't work on my Samsung galaxy s7 with 6.0.1. Anything else that might work?

Is there a way to turn off the widget? Just the Spotify one, it's been stuck on my Always On Display even with Spotify off.

Is that on an S7 @Lee30? There have been a couple of other reports of this but I've no idea what could be causing this - I don't think it's spotify and it never happens to me. Music only displays on the AOD if it is playing. If I pause spotify nothing shows.

Just out of interest, do you get this with other music players or internet radio when paused?

You are the best dude!

You mister saved my day!! I already tried some other solutions and nothing worked !
I don't understand how all of a sudden this happened! I mean in the phine settings

Go to notifications in setting...then go to advanced settings...click on spotify... cluck allow notifications...when you click that there's an option at the bottom to show on lock screen and click that...it will solve the issue. And you can select show silently so you can see it but won't make noise.

Hey Folks

I Just wanted to share my own experience with this problem. I was searching through all the options. My problem was that when music was playing on spotify, my Galaxy s8 was showing its own music control widget on the lock screen. I disabled the "Facewidget" function for music controls and gave the spotify app high priority notification rights. Now it's working like a charm.

Best regards

C3dy

Hey team,

Note 5 running 7.0. Here is how it can be fix

Screenshot_20170804-101204.png

Suggested posts