Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound during playback

No sound during playback

Well after a year of waiting for spotify to get it right and get it fixed i cam up with my own solution. Have had issues with sporify playing but after a few days it would play but have no volume. Spotifys answer was to uninstall and reinstall and that gets old having to do that weekly. The work around was to open the radio or another app that would play with no issues and then go back to spotify and it would work normaly.. Well thats also a pain in the **bleep** everytime you shut the veh off and have to go back through that sequence. So i installed the auto start app and have set it to start the radio first and then launch spotify.. Its not the best solution but at least it works intill spotify gets things working properly..  If i could remember what build worked without this issue i would revert way back.. 

3 Replies

Hey there @zrock2010,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, does this only occur when you're using your Android device or does the issue persist on other devices as well?

We'd first recommend checking the steps in this support site article

Further, since you mention that reinstalling does the trick for a brief time, we'd suggest trying the steps below:

• Make sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache clearing or battery optimization apps.
  • Your device is up to speed with any software updates.
  • Head here and make sure your Android device isn't listed more than once. If you see it listed more than once, you'll need to remove all of the listings. After that, you can try a clean reinstallation of the app with these steps instead. 
  • Your device isn't rooted.
  • If you're using an external SD card, it'd be a good idea checking it for errors. You can find more steps on how to do this from your card's manufacturer.

If you're still having troubles, it would be very helpful if you could let us know some additional info on your device, for example the operating system it's running or the Spotify app's version.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Iv been through all the steps several times before and the fix does not last for more than a week. Running a eonon sterio with i think 7.1 installed and up to date and spotify is up to date... Hard to tell with your link to tell if that device is listd more than once since everything is listed as android phone or winlaptop...  Even the GF was having the same issue but ith her andriod sterio she is able to stream from her phone to a diffrent app on the sterio bypassing spotify.. 

Well since spotify was not willing to fix the issue. Since this post I have uninstalled and reinstalled everytime I see a update and problem never got better it has gotten worse. Went and got Google play hey guess what it works properly and the sound quality is much better and cleaner... now we can cancel our spotify account... 

As far as I'm concerned spotify should be refunding me money as spotify never worked properly after a update a few months after I got it

Suggested posts