Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with Layout

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceSony Xperia XA2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAfter getting a new phone my spotify layout inexplicably changed to the free version which I find very cramped and troublesome to use, according to the web...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Sony Xperia XA2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue After getting a new phone my spotify layout inexplicably changed to the fr...
  • miskatatonic
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not playable on album

I'm trying to listen to the song 'My Rollercoaster' on the album 'Remember That I Love You' by Kimya Dawson. Often the song isn't even present on the album, but when I do find it, it's grayed out and won't play or open. The only available variation i...

• I'm trying to listen to the song 'My Rollercoaster' on the album 'Remember That I Love You' by Kimya Dawson. Often the song isn't even present on the album, but when I do find it, it's grayed out and...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Music suddenly stops playing if the app isnt opened

I open the app and then put whatever music I'm in the mood for, then let the song play in the background but after a song or two it stops playing, sometimes halfway through a song. This doesnt happen on my husbands phone. He has a galaxy A6 and I hav...

• I open the app and then put whatever music I'm in the mood for, then let the song play in the background but after a song or two it stops playing, sometimes halfway through a song. This doesnt happen...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Shuffle gets turned off every time I start the app/choose a song

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceHuawei P30Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueFor the past week, the app on phone turns off the shuffle when I choose a new song.

• Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Huawei P30 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue For the past week, the app on phone turns off the shuffle when I choose a new song.&nbs...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode Randomly Returns to Online Mode.

Hi fellas. I sorta at times share an account with a friend. While she's listening on my account, I turn on Offline Mode so I can still listen through Spotify and not interrupt our sessions. But as of recently, everytime I turn on Offline mode because...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi fellas. I sorta at times share an account with a friend. While she's listening on my account, I turn on Offline Mode so I can still listen through Spotify and not interrupt our sessions. But as of...
  • Vitellio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Help
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs?

Where did my "all songs" and "recently played" disappear to with this latest update??

• Where did my "all songs" and "recently played" disappear to with this latest update??
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

High battery consumption on my S8.

PlanFamilyplan/PremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 (SM-950F)Operating SystemAndroid Pie (build PPR1.180610.011.G950FXXS4DSE1)Spotify Version8.5.6.673 My Question or Issue So i recently noticed that spotify drains my battery quite alot.Pr...

• Plan Familyplan/Premium Country Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-950F) Operating System Android Pie (build PPR1.180610.011.G950FXXS4DSE1) Spotify Version 8.5.6.673   My Q...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New changes to the app playlist... again

So they decided to roll out another "improvement" of the playlist. Adding an album to the playlist now NOT ONLY requires you to type in the artist name and album title, but arranges it so the newly added album goes into your playlist in ALPHABETICAL ...

• Casual Listener
  • So they decided to roll out another "improvement" of the playlist. Adding an album to the playlist now NOT ONLY requires you to type in the artist name and album title, but arranges it so the newly a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cambiar canción con pantalla bloqueada

Hola! Tengo un moto one, Android versión 9 con Spotify versión 856673. Quiero cambiar de canción con la pantalla bloqueada con los botones del costado y no puedo.

• Hola! Tengo un moto one, Android versión 9 con Spotify versión 856673. Quiero cambiar de canción con la pantalla bloqueada con los botones del costado y no puedo.
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played

No matter what I have played last my Christmas playlist stays at the most recent. When my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth and I haven't turned in Spotify yet it automatically plays my Christmas playlist. I have tried everything and searched ever...

• No matter what I have played last my Christmas playlist stays at the most recent. When my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth and I haven't turned in Spotify yet it automatically plays my Christmas ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Download on Wifi only fails

PlanFamily/PremiumCountryUSDevicemoto x4Operating SystemAndroid 9Google Fi My Question or IssueLooking to prevent a costly consequence in the futur.Spotify continued downloading my offline music even after I left my home and lost wifi connection. I h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family/Premium Country US Device moto x4 Operating System Android 9 Google Fi   My Question or Issue Looking to prevent a costly consequence in the futur. Spotify continued down...
  • GaryG28
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing songs in the Instagram story

Hi! Even with the fully updated Spotify and Instagram app, there's no option for me to share music on Instagram storys. I wanted to know why this feature does not appear for me and how do I use this option?

• Hi! Even with the fully updated Spotify and Instagram app, there's no option for me to share music on Instagram storys. I wanted to know why this feature does not appear for me and how do I use this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Auto start on bluetooth

I know this a feature, but now Tune-In has added this feature and neither of you allow the user to turn it off. So now both apps fight each other and nothing gets played. Really how hard can it be to allow us to turn this feature off? And don't give ...

• Casual Listener
  • I know this a feature, but now Tune-In has added this feature and neither of you allow the user to turn it off.  So now both apps fight each other and nothing gets played.  Really how hard ...
  • Fred56
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Android/Chromecast issue

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9, Chromecast Hi Team,I have an issue wherby as soon as i cast to my chromecast, an ad (The story of the Clash) starts playing then freezes. I am forced to shut and reopen spotify but am unable to cast. It...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy 9, Chromecast   Hi Team, I have an issue wherby as soon as i cast to my chromecast, an ad (The story of the Clash) starts playing then f...
  • Goldfield
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Premium Account Features

I have the Spotify App Version 8.5.6.673 on my LG5. I am signed up for a Premium Account, and up to date on my payments. I'm also from Canada. My app keeps telling me "You've discovered a Premium Feature" and telling me to sign up for a premium accou...

• I have the Spotify App Version 8.5.6.673 on my LG5. I am signed up for a Premium Account, and up to date on my payments. I'm also from Canada. My app keeps telling me "You've discovered a Premium Fea...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not restarting after any notification on Galaxy watch

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy watch Have been listening to downloaded music on spotify on my Galaxy watch while running with no problems until the past 2 weeks. Now when I get a notification Spotify no longer continues playing afterwards....

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK  Device Samsung Galaxy watch   Have been listening to downloaded music on spotify on my Galaxy watch while running with no problems until the past 2 w...
  • MurrayMac
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Galaxy Watch
    Notifications
    Samsung
  • 9 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify android app

PlanFreeCountryZaragoza Devicebq aquaris X proOperating System(Android Oreo) My Question or IssueEn la aplicación para android en el movil no me deja seleccionar la cancion que yo quiero escuchar, solamente el modo aleatorio, y tampoco me deja avanza...

•   Plan Free Country Zaragoza  Device bq aquaris X pro Operating System (Android Oreo)    My Question or Issue En la aplicación para android en el movil no me ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Retrieving a song from Spotify's own playlist

Hi There was a song in Spotify All Night Dance Party playlist around January 2019 that I used to like, but I have never saved it. I know that it is not possible to access my playing history on Android, but is it possible to view Spotify's own playlis...

• Hi There was a song in Spotify All Night Dance Party playlist around January 2019 that I used to like, but I have never saved it. I know that it is not possible to access my playing history on Androi...
  • Jᴀᴄᴋ
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play Die Lit by Playboi Carti

Hello, i am from Oman and for some reason the album Die Lit by Playboi Carti is unplayable for me, is there a way to fix this? I saw another post saying that its not available in Egypt too, does anybody know the reason for that?

• Hello, i am from Oman and for some reason the album Die Lit by Playboi Carti is unplayable for me, is there a way to fix this? I saw another post saying that its not available in Egypt too, does anyb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop playing, but don't actually pause

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung Galaxy S5 NeoOperating SystemAndroid 6.0.1My Question or IssueSo, I use Spotify on a regular basis and this bug is frequent but doesn't happen everyday or everytime. When I'm playing a song, sometimes, it will ra...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Operating System Android 6.0.1 My Question or Issue So, I use Spotify on a regular basis and this bug is frequent but doesn't...
  • stormyuk
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes