Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No way to pause first song in playlist

No way to pause first song in playlist

When I first open Spotify on Android, open a playlist, and play the first song, it doesn't show up at the bottom of the screen, i.e., where you have the ability to fast-forward through the song, pause it, etc., so the only way to actually pause the music is to select another song in the playlist, at which time that one does appear in the bottom of the screen. Does anyone else have this problem? I couldn't find anything about it. It's really annoying! Once at least part of the second song is played, however, the little 'now playing' window stays open at the bottom, so it seems like it's just a problem for the first song when Spotify is first opened.

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Would you be able to post a screenshot of this (I appreciate getting a screenshot on mobile devices can be hard!)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Of course now I can't get it to do that again! It must just be an intermittent issue. Or maybe whatever has been causing it on my phone has been fixed, but it definitely has happened to me a lot. I'll take a screenshot and post it if/when it happens again. Thank you.

This happens to me from time to time, however it isn't necessarily the first song in the playlist - it can be any song in the playlist/playlist folder.

I find just cliking to play the song again makes it appear, however I have no idea what causes it...

Suggested posts