Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now Playing screen is weird low-res UI on Chromecast when casting to spkr group but normal w/o group

Now Playing screen is weird low-res UI on Chromecast when casting to spkr group but normal w/o group

I have a brand new Chromecast with Google TV and I have it set up as part of a speaker group with a Nest Mini. Whenever I go to cast to the group, the TV's Now Playing screen is some strange looking Spotify UI that I've never seen before. It looks awful and is very low resolution.

When I cast to the TV alone, outside of the speaker group, the normal Spotify Now Playing screen comes up. Looks great.

I spoke with Google support for two hours this morning and they insist this is a Spotify problem and not a Chromecast issue. They say that they have no control over what Spotify chooses to display when casting to a TV, when it's in a group and when it's not in a group.

See photos below. I have done a full reset of my Chromecast and a full CLEAN install of the Spotify app on my phone.

IMG_8176.JPG
IMG_8175.JPG
1 Reply

Hey @jbmoonchild,

Thanks for the post.

You can try restarting your router and check if that help. If not - connect all devices from the group and your phone to a mobile hotspot WiFi and check if you experience the same issues.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts