Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only some local files will sync

Only some local files will sync

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

OnePlus 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

So I've got only two f***ing local songs I'm trying to sync to my phone. One song works flawlessly, the other song, works flawlessly on my computer but refuses to sync to my phone. I have spent the last 4 hours finding every possible thread on the issue and have gone through ALL of the fixes and nothing has worked. I've tried adding other songs, some songs work, some songs don't. I would really like to have this issue resolved, as the last time I was trying to use local files (over 3 years ago) I was also having major issues getting all of my songs to work. This doesn't look like an issue exclusively to me either. What is my incentive to keep paying for a service that hasn't worked well in over 3 years? Please get my issue resolved soon, or I will be cancelling my subscription shortly. I've been paying for Spotify for 6 years and it hasn't felt like a professional service for several of those years.

1 Reply

Hi @spadertanker,

Thank you for sharing your post on the Community.

We're sorry to hear about all these issues you've experienced with this feature. We'd like you to know that we can't promise that 100% of all local music files will be able to be read by the app, as its primary focus is providing streaming music.

However, we do want to help everyone who can't find something in our catalog have a more streamlined experience without the need to switch between music apps.

To start troubleshooting this, we'd like to know what's the source of the files that aren't synchronizing. Also, do you know what audio encoding was used?

Lastly, it's always good to run a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts